QUESTION: Do we need buy the new pucks for the new Domaille APM-HDC-5300 Programmable Polishing Machine?
Can the old pucks be used with the new equipment?
ANSWER: The short answer is, yes, old pucks can be used with the new Domaille APM-HDC-5300 Programmable Polishing Machine, but, you should use the Domaille EZ-Check Wear Test Kit to see what condition they are in. We suggest that you pay particular attention to the quality of the center hole on these old plate.
- If the center hold on the plate is worn and misshapen, it will more quickly wear the center post on the machine. As the center post wears, it will wear new plates or plates that aren’t already worn.
The EZ-Check will also allow you to check the ferrule holes to see how worn they are.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team December 17, 2016
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Hengtong USA, LLC announced at OFC 2017 — a collaboration between Hengtong Cable Group and Inland Energy Inc. - April 13, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstration at ECOC 2017 - April 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Looking for a replacement of isopropyl alcohol as a fiber optic cleaning fluid - March 16, 2017
- From the Industry: IWCS Seeks Abstracts for 2017 Symposium - March 14, 2017
- Trade show best practices, improved processes and a little pixie dust. - March 3, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Cleaning the entire surface of an MT ferrule most effectively - February 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the absolute strongest adhesive? - February 22, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces the ability to intuitively eliminate OTDR complexities and ensure network quality - February 20, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Awarded Five Technology Patents - February 16, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! Sponsorship March 2017 - February 16, 2017