QUESTION: Do we need buy the new pucks for the new Domaille APM-HDC-5300 Programmable Polishing Machine?
Can the old pucks be used with the new equipment?
ANSWER: The short answer is, yes, old pucks can be used with the new Domaille APM-HDC-5300 Programmable Polishing Machine, but, you should use the Domaille EZ-Check Wear Test Kit to see what condition they are in. We suggest that you pay particular attention to the quality of the center hole on these old plate.
- If the center hold on the plate is worn and misshapen, it will more quickly wear the center post on the machine. As the center post wears, it will wear new plates or plates that aren’t already worn.
The EZ-Check will also allow you to check the ferrule holes to see how worn they are.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team December 17, 2016
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Issues on MT polishing. I am getting “Y” radius less than 100 - June 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: In need of information on cleaning and repairing TOSA/ROSA devices - May 30, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does FOC have any experience or recommendations in using microwaves to cure fiber optic epoxies? - May 11, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Attains ISO 9001:2015 Certification - May 9, 2017
- Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure? - May 8, 2017
- FOC’s vintage sign at 23 Centre Street: Honoring history, restoration and new beginnings - May 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the probable causes of light leakage from ferrule barrel? Is it while insertion of fiber into ferrule or while stripping fiber with Fujikura stripper? - May 4, 2017
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Offering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Training Course In New Bedford, MA - May 2, 2017
- Why use AngstromLap lapping film over other manufacturers? - May 1, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Solutions introduces the market’s most compact OTDR solution for DWDM or Hybrid CWDM/DWDM network testing - May 1, 2017