QUESTION: Do we need buy the new pucks for the new Domaille APM-HDC-5300 Programmable Polishing Machine?
Can the old pucks be used with the new equipment?
ANSWER: The short answer is, yes, old pucks can be used with the new Domaille APM-HDC-5300 Programmable Polishing Machine, but, you should use the Domaille EZ-Check Wear Test Kit to see what condition they are in. We suggest that you pay particular attention to the quality of the center hole on these old plate.
- If the center hold on the plate is worn and misshapen, it will more quickly wear the center post on the machine. As the center post wears, it will wear new plates or plates that aren’t already worn.
The EZ-Check will also allow you to check the ferrule holes to see how worn they are.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team December 17, 2016
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Where does dust based end face contamination come from? - August 16, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the highest capacity fiber count an OCETS can handle? - August 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is it important to clean both ends of the connector pair? - August 8, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How residue based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - August 2, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales - July 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What happens if there are dust particles on one of the connector end faces during the connector mating process? - July 18, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: OCETS: How do I configure the software to work with the chamber? - July 12, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces High Refractive Index Coating for Optoelectronics, LEDs, Emissive displays, AL-2264 - July 7, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How dust based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - July 2, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How does an electrostatic charge get onto a fiber optic ferrule and how does that create contamination issues? - July 1, 2017