Do you have a lapping film that can remove a larger than normal epoxy bead more effectively than 15um Silicon Carbide? We have a unusual connector that does not have a crimp to secure it to the cable and relies on the epoxy for this. Therefore, we use more epoxy for the termination and excess flowing out to the tip during curing. Using a harder pad is one of the solutions we tried but the connector radius becomes lager and we require a 100% geometry pass. Any suggestion will help.
ANSWER: Correct using a harder rubber pad (or changing the pressure) will change the ROC. We recommend a more aggressive lapping film, more polishing time or likely a combination of both. A 30 um Silicon Carbide lapping film will likely do the trick.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team October 12, 2015
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Hengtong USA, LLC announced at OFC 2017 — a collaboration between Hengtong Cable Group and Inland Energy Inc. - April 13, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstration at ECOC 2017 - April 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Looking for a replacement of isopropyl alcohol as a fiber optic cleaning fluid - March 16, 2017
- From the Industry: IWCS Seeks Abstracts for 2017 Symposium - March 14, 2017
- Trade show best practices, improved processes and a little pixie dust. - March 3, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Cleaning the entire surface of an MT ferrule most effectively - February 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the absolute strongest adhesive? - February 22, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces the ability to intuitively eliminate OTDR complexities and ensure network quality - February 20, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Awarded Five Technology Patents - February 16, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! Sponsorship March 2017 - February 16, 2017