QUESTION: What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a 2.5g pack of epoxy?
ANSWER: We think the best way to load a syringe with a mixed pack of epoxy is to have BOTH HANDS available to do the job. This means you want the clean syringes ready to go and POSITIONED for loading directly. Anything like a test tube rack, that holds the syringes vertical, works –
- You can improvise a syringe rack by taping the syringe(s) to the side of a table or desk.
- You can fashion a simple fixture that is a block (wood is ok, but something like Delrin would be better) that has a hole slightly larger than the size of the syringe barrel drilled vertically to hold the syringe upright (drill the hole all the way through the block so any spillage or overflow doesn’t collect in the bottom of a blind hole). A larger block is more stable and makes a better base, and allows multiple holes to be drilled.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 10, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Hengtong USA, LLC announced at OFC 2017 — a collaboration between Hengtong Cable Group and Inland Energy Inc. - April 13, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstration at ECOC 2017 - April 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Looking for a replacement of isopropyl alcohol as a fiber optic cleaning fluid - March 16, 2017
- From the Industry: IWCS Seeks Abstracts for 2017 Symposium - March 14, 2017
- Trade show best practices, improved processes and a little pixie dust. - March 3, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Cleaning the entire surface of an MT ferrule most effectively - February 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the absolute strongest adhesive? - February 22, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces the ability to intuitively eliminate OTDR complexities and ensure network quality - February 20, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Awarded Five Technology Patents - February 16, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! Sponsorship March 2017 - February 16, 2017