QUESTION: What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a 2.5g pack of epoxy?
ANSWER: We think the best way to load a syringe with a mixed pack of epoxy is to have BOTH HANDS available to do the job. This means you want the clean syringes ready to go and POSITIONED for loading directly. Anything like a test tube rack, that holds the syringes vertical, works –
- You can improvise a syringe rack by taping the syringe(s) to the side of a table or desk.
- You can fashion a simple fixture that is a block (wood is ok, but something like Delrin would be better) that has a hole slightly larger than the size of the syringe barrel drilled vertically to hold the syringe upright (drill the hole all the way through the block so any spillage or overflow doesn’t collect in the bottom of a blind hole). A larger block is more stable and makes a better base, and allows multiple holes to be drilled.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 10, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Issues on MT polishing. I am getting “Y” radius less than 100 - June 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: In need of information on cleaning and repairing TOSA/ROSA devices - May 30, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does FOC have any experience or recommendations in using microwaves to cure fiber optic epoxies? - May 11, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Attains ISO 9001:2015 Certification - May 9, 2017
- Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure? - May 8, 2017
- FOC’s vintage sign at 23 Centre Street: Honoring history, restoration and new beginnings - May 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the probable causes of light leakage from ferrule barrel? Is it while insertion of fiber into ferrule or while stripping fiber with Fujikura stripper? - May 4, 2017
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Offering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Training Course In New Bedford, MA - May 2, 2017
- Why use AngstromLap lapping film over other manufacturers? - May 1, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Solutions introduces the market’s most compact OTDR solution for DWDM or Hybrid CWDM/DWDM network testing - May 1, 2017