How can I tell I have over-polished a connector?
ANSWER: Primarily, the indicator of over polished connectors is poor repeat ability in measurements of the return loss and insertion loss. For the majority of “spring loaded ferrule connectors” e.g.; LC, SC, MU, FC. Determining over polishing of the connector is difficult to gauge. Read Mario Goduco’s full blog to answer this question here: http://focenter.com/how-can-i-tell-i-have-over-polished-a-connector-asked-more-often-than-you-might-think/
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team July 21, 2015
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does FOC have any experience or recommendations in using microwaves to cure fiber optic epoxies? - May 11, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Attains ISO 9001:2015 Certification - May 9, 2017
- Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure? - May 8, 2017
- FOC’s vintage sign at 23 Centre Street: Honoring history, restoration and new beginnings - May 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the probable causes of light leakage from ferrule barrel? Is it while insertion of fiber into ferrule or while stripping fiber with Fujikura stripper? - May 4, 2017
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Offering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Training Course In New Bedford, MA - May 2, 2017
- Why use AngstromLap lapping film over other manufacturers? - May 1, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Solutions introduces the market’s most compact OTDR solution for DWDM or Hybrid CWDM/DWDM network testing - May 1, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Solutions for getting LC/PC for return loss more than 60 dB? - April 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: IL effect of Return Loss Clarification - April 14, 2017