New Bedford, MA, USA, February 9, 2017 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces Marcel Buijs joins EMEA Technical Business Development Team.
Mr. Buijs’ joins FOC with over twenty five years in the photonics industry.
In addition to founding the first Photonics Department at a Technical College in The Netherlands, with three fellow teachers, he has developed curriculum for the subjects of Opto-Electronics, Fiber Optics and Machine Vision.
For more than 17 years, his specific role in research and development for a global fiber optic connector company, was developing processes for making fiber optic products and a broad process portfolio. Mr. Buijs’ department was responsible for several important developments in both the single-fiber and multi-fiber optic connector markets.
Areas of expertise include laser cleaving, polishing and measurement processes and proven yield and product performance improvements.
Marcel’s process, analytical and statistical knowledge gives him the ultimate tools to help every FOC customer meeting their specifications in making the ultimate fiber optic product and improve process yield.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- FOC technical solution content: http://bit.ly/29WTvgn
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Where does dust based end face contamination come from? - August 16, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the highest capacity fiber count an OCETS can handle? - August 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is it important to clean both ends of the connector pair? - August 8, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How residue based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - August 2, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales - July 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What happens if there are dust particles on one of the connector end faces during the connector mating process? - July 18, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: OCETS: How do I configure the software to work with the chamber? - July 12, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces High Refractive Index Coating for Optoelectronics, LEDs, Emissive displays, AL-2264 - July 7, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How dust based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - July 2, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How does an electrostatic charge get onto a fiber optic ferrule and how does that create contamination issues? - July 1, 2017