May 2, 2017 Tukwila, WA. Light Brigade, a leading developer and provider of fiber optic training, will bring its most popular course, Fiber Optics 1-2-3, to New Bedford, MA this summer for the first time. The 4 day, hands-on course provides a practical understanding of fiber optic technology, products, and equipment, and teaches skills required to install, splice, test, and troubleshoot fiber optic networks. This is a great class for those new to fiber, and those looking to refresh their skills or to understand industry best practices.
“We hold classes all over the US and Canada, but had never brought a course to the southeastern corner of Massachusetts. With our friends at Fiber Optic Center, Inc. (FOC) being local and so involved in the community, we saw a great opportunity to work together to promote fiber optic training in the area. This is providing easy access for people from Boston to the South Shore, Rhode Island and the Cape.” Said Lee Kellett, General Manager.
Industry certification is available for course attendees. An ETA International Fiber Optic Installer (FOI) Certification may be earned by successfully completing skills test exercises during the course and passing a written exam at the conclusion of the class.
Fiber Optics 1-2-3 is offered in over 50 cities throughout the United States and Canada and will be in New Bedford only once this year from June 27-30. For more information about the course, visit our website.
About Light Brigade Founded in 1987, The Light Brigade has trained over 55,000 people worldwide in its instructor-led public and custom classes on fiber optic design, maintenance, and testing, including advanced topics such as FTTx, Fiber Characterization and OSP Design. The company also produces online courses that provide focus on specific fiber related topics. For more information about Light Brigade, visit www.lightbrigade.com.
FOC is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Founded in late 1991 in downtown New Bedford, MA, FOC prides itself in being a good neighbor within their southeastern Massachusetts community through engagement, investment and volunteerism.
Press Contact: Rick Atchison, Marketing Specialist Light Brigade, (206) 575-0404 ext. 200, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does FOC have any experience or recommendations in using microwaves to cure fiber optic epoxies? - May 11, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Attains ISO 9001:2015 Certification - May 9, 2017
- Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure? - May 8, 2017
- FOC’s vintage sign at 23 Centre Street: Honoring history, restoration and new beginnings - May 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the probable causes of light leakage from ferrule barrel? Is it while insertion of fiber into ferrule or while stripping fiber with Fujikura stripper? - May 4, 2017
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Offering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Training Course In New Bedford, MA - May 2, 2017
- Why use AngstromLap lapping film over other manufacturers? - May 1, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Solutions introduces the market’s most compact OTDR solution for DWDM or Hybrid CWDM/DWDM network testing - May 1, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Solutions for getting LC/PC for return loss more than 60 dB? - April 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: IL effect of Return Loss Clarification - April 14, 2017