Milpitas, Calif., January 23, 2017 – Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) today announced CERTiFi, a cloud-based system enabling enterprise cabling contractors to manage test and certification projects across increasingly distributed workforces with complex specifications. CERTiFi, powered by Viavi’s StrataSyncTM cloud management platform for network service providers, delivers a solution proven in large carrier networks that has been adapted for enterprise cabling contractors. Viavi will be demonstrating CERTiFi at the BICSI Winter Conference, Booth #627, in Tampa, Florida, January 22-26, 2017.
Enterprises are installing, expanding and upgrading data centers and networks to address a continuing acceleration in bandwidth usage. According to Viavi’s State of the Network study, 48 percent of respondents expect bandwidth to double between 2016 and 2017. This trend is driving growth in the breadth and complexity of networks, technician workloads, and outsourcing to contractors. Contractors need an efficient way to manage projects across their technician base to improve accuracy and speed of certification.
CERTiFi enhances overall project workflows by syncing test and certification instruments—such as the popular and proven Certifier40G and SmartClass Fiber OLTS-85P—and managing them via a centralized cloud-based system. From that vantage point, an administrator can create and distribute project designs, assign projects to team members, pre-load test instruments with tasks and required test criteria, and assimilate, analyze and share test results in real time. With CERTiFi, team members establish alignment at every stage of their projects — from creating design requirements and assigning tasks, to performing tests and analyzing project metrics, which can significantly reduce the time, cost and errors associated with offline communications.
CERTiFi’s options for user interfaces – from web-based, to mobile app, to on-instrument UI – are part of Viavi’s workflow design to maximize efficiency.
A major benefit and differentiator of CERTiFi is the breadth of options for user interfaces: from web-based, to mobile app (iOS and Android), to on-instrument UI. These interfaces are part of Viavi’s workflow design to maximize efficiency. Field managers are constantly on the go, managing multiple technicians in different locations with limited time. Management responsibilities like gathering results from instruments and sending them back to the main office or preparing tasks for the next day typically end up happening in the off-hours, when everyone else has clocked out.
With the CERTiFi mobile app, field managers now have everything they need right on their mobile device, so they can manage their crew and maintain communication with the office. As field technicians complete tests on their CERTiFi-enabled instruments, the site lead can auto-synchronize results to the CERTiFi mobile app via wireless connection. This allows them to view test results without disrupting their field team’s progress.
“Our contractor customers are supporting the aggressive growth and updates in today’s data center and enterprise networks, and need more than just best-in-class tools, but also innovations in workflow management,” said Kevin Oliver, Vice President and General Manager, Converged Instruments and Virtual Test, Viavi Solutions. “With CERTiFi, we built on the proven StrataSync framework and tailored it to meet the distinct requirements of enterprise environments. Now they can use Viavi’s portfolio of enterprise test and certification instruments in conjunction with our advanced, cloud-based workflow solution.”
About Viavi Solutions
Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions to communications service providers, enterprises and their ecosystems, supported by a worldwide channel community including Viavi Velocity Solution Partners. We deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks, enabling customers to optimize connectivity, quality of experience and profitability. Viavi is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
- Hengtong USA, LLC announced at OFC 2017 — a collaboration between Hengtong Cable Group and Inland Energy Inc. - April 13, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstration at ECOC 2017 - April 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Looking for a replacement of isopropyl alcohol as a fiber optic cleaning fluid - March 16, 2017
- From the Industry: IWCS Seeks Abstracts for 2017 Symposium - March 14, 2017
- Trade show best practices, improved processes and a little pixie dust. - March 3, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Cleaning the entire surface of an MT ferrule most effectively - February 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the absolute strongest adhesive? - February 22, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces the ability to intuitively eliminate OTDR complexities and ensure network quality - February 20, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Awarded Five Technology Patents - February 16, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! Sponsorship March 2017 - February 16, 2017