New Bedford, MA, USA, March 21, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and recognized as one of the most technically savvy fiber optics companies in the world, announces Neal Weiss honored by NBAM/ArtWorks! Patron of the Arts.
This past Friday, March 18th, the New Bedford Art Museum, NBAM/ArtWorks!, recognized Neal Weiss for truly impacted the arts community with the Patron of the Arts Award. In an area that is so highly populated by artists and has seen revitalization due in part to the arts community, the Museum recognized those that have helped New Bedford achieve success in this area.
Neal Weiss has been a huge supporter of the artistic community through both his own businesses and personal support by attending events regularly and donating to financial support. He has been connected with the NB Symphony, the YWCA, the Whaling Museum and Sine Nomine Choral Ensemble. He served on the Board of the New Bedford Art Museum including a stint as chair and he is currently the Board Chair of the New Bedford Education Foundation which supports programs for students not included in the school budget.
Neal founded Fiber Optic Center in 1991 and led the company as President, until earlier this year when he turned over the operations to his sons. FOC is a 30+ person high tech distribution company located in the Historic District of downtown New Bedford. Local businesses like FOC make New Bedford a comfortable culture for creative enterprise not only in the type of work they do and the workers they attract, but also in the issues they support in the downtown.
In 1999, Neal founded a second business, Whaling City Sound, which releases and distributes CD recordings of local and national talent. Neal and Whaling City Sound have supported and grown the local live music scene giving many local artists their start in live gigs and exposure through recordings. Hosting and sponsoring Centre Street Sessions in the months of June, July, August and September AHA! Nights, the FOC parking lot turns into a concert stage to showcase the best local jazz musicians. Neal also quietly funds live music for nonprofit events giving local talent work and visibility while making great entertainment for fundraisers within reach of the organizations. Additionally, he played a large role in helping orchestrate New Bedford’s JazzFest now going into its fourth year.
Neal anchors both of his enterprises in a historic downtown structure, the Kaller Beef Warehouse building, using the rear side to house Whaling City Sound. This thoughtful mixed use of space has made him a leader in bringing the downtown forward into an economy which is both supportive of industry and local arts and culture.
Lee Heald, who announced this award, said, “Neal is the real deal – a generous and giving spirit, a successful entrepreneur and business man and favorite impresario of the local music scene.”
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center (FOC) is an international high technology sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing and consulting company. FOC has several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, making them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. FOC also strives to “make the business part easy,” offering outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. Their main focus is assisting cable assembly houses with supplies, equipment, consulting and technical support in the manufacturing and testing of fiber optic cable assemblies. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations.
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322 . Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hengtong USA, LLC announced at OFC 2017 — a collaboration between Hengtong Cable Group and Inland Energy Inc. - April 13, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstration at ECOC 2017 - April 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Looking for a replacement of isopropyl alcohol as a fiber optic cleaning fluid - March 16, 2017
- From the Industry: IWCS Seeks Abstracts for 2017 Symposium - March 14, 2017
- Trade show best practices, improved processes and a little pixie dust. - March 3, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Cleaning the entire surface of an MT ferrule most effectively - February 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the absolute strongest adhesive? - February 22, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces the ability to intuitively eliminate OTDR complexities and ensure network quality - February 20, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Awarded Five Technology Patents - February 16, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! Sponsorship March 2017 - February 16, 2017