New Bedford, MA, USA, May 2, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and recognized as one of the most technically savvy fiber optics companies in the world, announces a new industry glossary as the latest in a series of technical resources rolled out in the past year to better serve FOC customers and industry.
Building on the recent resource rollouts of technical articles, blogs, AskFOC, video demos, helpful tips series, monthly e-news subscriptions, live consulting, and partnership with Wayne Kachmar’s Technical Horsepower Consulting, the FOC Glossary is added to the website.
The FOC Glossary includes Acronyms and Military Specifications for Connectors in addition to the General Terms and Definition section. The goal is to make it easier to both reference and understand common industry terms and definitions as well as encourage a dialog with the industry.
Launched containing more than 3,600 entries on fiber, cable, wire, optics, assembly, connectors, electrical, data communications and testing terms as well as the FOC ancillary expert areas of polymers, chemicals, lapping film, adhesives and epoxies, the FOC Glossary also includes an additional 2,000+ FOC Acronym entries and a core 18 MIL-SPEC for Connectors.
FOC plans to expand this latest resource with more standards, processes, edits, and additions that are requested through the email FOCGlossary@focenter.com.
Uniquely positioned to be the “Go-To” resource with decades of global, practical cable assembly production experience by the technical experts who work daily with customers improving their processes, FOC sells and delivers every piece of equipment needed for the automated production of fiber optic cable assemblies, also called patch cords: cable cutting and fiber stripping equipment, metered epoxy dispensing systems and curing ovens, laser cleaving systems, polishing machines and plates, and instruments for all three kinds of testing: interferometer for geometry, microscopes and software for visual inspection, and sources, power meters and switches for insertion loss and back-reflection (bi-directionally if required). FOC also carries all of the hand tools as well as consumables needed for production and testing: epoxy, polishing films, cleaning supplies and cassettes.
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center (FOC) is an international high technology sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing and consulting company. FOC has several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, making them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. FOC also strives to “make the business part easy,” offering outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. Their main focus is assisting cable assembly houses with supplies, equipment, consulting and technical support in the manufacturing and testing of fiber optic cable assemblies. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations.
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322 . Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Issues on MT polishing. I am getting “Y” radius less than 100 - June 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: In need of information on cleaning and repairing TOSA/ROSA devices - May 30, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does FOC have any experience or recommendations in using microwaves to cure fiber optic epoxies? - May 11, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Attains ISO 9001:2015 Certification - May 9, 2017
- Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure? - May 8, 2017
- FOC’s vintage sign at 23 Centre Street: Honoring history, restoration and new beginnings - May 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the probable causes of light leakage from ferrule barrel? Is it while insertion of fiber into ferrule or while stripping fiber with Fujikura stripper? - May 4, 2017
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Offering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Training Course In New Bedford, MA - May 2, 2017
- Why use AngstromLap lapping film over other manufacturers? - May 1, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Solutions introduces the market’s most compact OTDR solution for DWDM or Hybrid CWDM/DWDM network testing - May 1, 2017