New Bedford, MA, USA, February 22, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and recognized as one of the most technically savvy fiber optics companies in the world, announces a Technical Discussion at OFC 2016.
FOC and their staff of Technical Experts offer an Industry Discussion at the OFC Booth # 2308, 11am on March 23, 2016 in Anaheim, CA. Discussions will include optical coatings, optical cable & optical cable assembly problems, adhesives options, and new announcements in lapping film.
Randall Elgin will speak on low refractive index coating with simple application for antireflection films, fiber and waveguide cladding in Optical Coatings.
Wayne Kachmar is looking forward to interactive discussions on demonstrated practical experiences ranging from invention to full production of cutting edge cable designs in optical cable. Additionally, Wayne is available for all optical cable assembly problems and solutions that Technical Horsepower Consulting can provide.
In the area of Epoxies and Adhesives, FOC has had extensive work with assuring the correct amounts in the connector, packaging options, and epoxy rings with visual inspection. Both Kelly Barker and Mario Goduco will be on hand to discuss questions and experiences from the field.
Donna Brodie will be leading discussion on Lapping Film and the latest Ultimas-P that is being released at the show as a cost-effective protrusion producing film that meets Telcordia spec. Samples of this new high performance final film will be available upon request.
In addition to the formal Technical Discussion on March 23rd at 11am, FOC can make ancillary appointments for anyone with a conflict at that time during the OFC Exhibition March 22-24, 2016. Booth appointments can be made with marketing director Kathleen Skelton at email@example.com. Free OFC 2016 Exhibits Passes can be provided by FOC.
FOC continues to serve the industry’s technical needs through the weekly helpful tips, Q&A through online AskFOC tool, and technical blogs and articles on the greatest challenges. The following have resulted in topics requested for our discussions:
- Technical Article: Loose Tight Buffer, Time to Define What We Mean: http://bit.ly/1QqoyM8
- Blog: Why are epoxy bi-packs 2.5 grams? http://bit.ly/1L6dXqQ
- High-performance fiber inspection, analysis, and certification http://bit.ly/1oDwkKa
- Article: Defining type and semi tight buffers as opposed to loose tubes in optical cables: http://bit.ly/1Pzw8B1
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center (FOC) is an international high technology sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing and consulting company. FOC has several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, making them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. FOC also strives to “make the business part easy,” offering outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. Their main focus is assisting cable assembly houses with supplies, equipment, consulting and technical support in the manufacturing and testing of fiber optic cable assemblies. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations.
For further information contact:
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Where does dust based end face contamination come from? - August 16, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the highest capacity fiber count an OCETS can handle? - August 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is it important to clean both ends of the connector pair? - August 8, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How residue based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - August 2, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales - July 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What happens if there are dust particles on one of the connector end faces during the connector mating process? - July 18, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: OCETS: How do I configure the software to work with the chamber? - July 12, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces High Refractive Index Coating for Optoelectronics, LEDs, Emissive displays, AL-2264 - July 7, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How dust based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - July 2, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How does an electrostatic charge get onto a fiber optic ferrule and how does that create contamination issues? - July 1, 2017