New Bedford, MA, USA, March 17, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and recognized as one of the most technically savvy fiber optics companies in the world, announces a new laser cleaver platform, the Cometx.
The release of the Cometx is the latest from Sagitta Engineering Solutions Ltd in their laser cleaver family. The Cometx enables efficient and quick laser cleaving of fiber/s during the connector termination process. Laser cleaving is free of chips and other mechanical cleave problems and enables much more efficient connector termination by either eliminating polishing steps (for physical contact connectors) or all polishing steps (for bare fiber/s applications with no physical contact). This new laser cleaver platform is smaller, lighter and less expensive compared to parallel products in the market.
There are four different versions including:
- Cometx-Si: For laser cleaving of single fiber connectors prior to polishing (http://bit.ly/1M7WcIf)
- Cometx-Mt: For laser cleaving of multiple and/or single fiber connectors prior to polishing (http://bit.ly/1pohqqJ)
- Cometx-Ssp: For laser cleaving of multiple and/or single fiber connectors prior to polishing to be terminated by Single Step Polishing (http://bit.ly/1WqIwbJ)
- Cometx-Bf: For laser cleaving of multiple and/or single fiber in Bare Fiber/s application (for non-physical contact connectors) (http://bit.ly/1TOmWQG)
The platforms are upgradable. For example, Cometx-Si may get upgraded to Cometx-Mt or higher versions. Most upgrades can be done in the field.
FOC bare fiber cleaving equipment can be found at: http://bit.ly/1QXNFaY .
The new Cometx will be unveiled at OFC 2016 in Anaheim, CA at Fiber Optic Center’s Booth # 2308.
FOC serves the industry’s technical needs through the weekly helpful tips, Q&A online AskFOC tool, and technical blogs and articles on the greatest challenges. The following are technical discussions on cleaving published:
- Technical Article: Single Step Polishing (SSP) after Laser Cleaving: http://bit.ly/1RQzp2H
- Laser vs Mechanical Cleaving MT/Single Fiber Roadshow: http://bit.ly/21XQOyv
- Termination process, connectors and cleaving: http://bit.ly/1M5G8RO
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center (FOC) is an international high technology sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing and consulting company. FOC has several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, making them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. FOC also strives to “make the business part easy,” offering outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. Their main focus is assisting cable assembly houses with supplies, equipment, consulting and technical support in the manufacturing and testing of fiber optic cable assemblies. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations.
About Sagitta Engineering Solutions Ltd.
An innovative provider of advanced, high-productivity automated manufacturing equipment solutions for the global fiber optics industry since 1997, The company maintains an engineering and manufacturing center in Petah-Tikva, Israel. A core holding of patented technologies in precision automation, machine vision and sub-micron polishing has led to the introduction of multiple systems into the aforementioned markets. Specific introductions include several integrated automated polishing and inspection systems for high-value fiber optic components. Sagitta is a global company with machines installed in Fortune 500 companies. www.sagitta.com
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322 . Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Issues on MT polishing. I am getting “Y” radius less than 100 - June 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: In need of information on cleaning and repairing TOSA/ROSA devices - May 30, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does FOC have any experience or recommendations in using microwaves to cure fiber optic epoxies? - May 11, 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Attains ISO 9001:2015 Certification - May 9, 2017
- Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure? - May 8, 2017
- FOC’s vintage sign at 23 Centre Street: Honoring history, restoration and new beginnings - May 4, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the probable causes of light leakage from ferrule barrel? Is it while insertion of fiber into ferrule or while stripping fiber with Fujikura stripper? - May 4, 2017
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Offering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Training Course In New Bedford, MA - May 2, 2017
- Why use AngstromLap lapping film over other manufacturers? - May 1, 2017
- From the Industry: Viavi Solutions introduces the market’s most compact OTDR solution for DWDM or Hybrid CWDM/DWDM network testing - May 1, 2017