Spartanburg, SC – June 19, 2019 – AFL, an industry-leading manufacturer of fiber optic cable, equipment and accessories, is exhibiting at the SEE 2019 Annual Conference being held June 26-28 and showcasing its new TAPLINK Wedge Connectors along with Swage Grounding Accessories, and Swage Bus Accessories. Visit AFL at booth #1107 to view these accessories and more. TAPLINK-collage.jpg
AFL’s TAPLINK Wedge Connectors are used to make aluminum-to-aluminum and aluminum-to-copper electrical connections on AAC, ACSR and AAAC conductors. These connectors tap a conductor to a main line distribution power line and hold continuous pressure on the conductors during thermal cycling. The product line includes Wedge Tap Connectors, Wedge Pad Tap Connectors, Wedge Stirrup Connectors and Hotline Connectors.
Swage Grounding Accessories are installed in an underground grid layout before a substation is constructed and are designed to discharge the over-voltages from overhead ground wires or the lightning masts into the ground. These accessories can be installed in inclement weather preventing costly installation shutdowns. This product line includes grounding couplers, cross, elbows, terminals and more.
The Swage Bus Accessories use a compression technology process called “swaging” that enables installation of aluminum bus accessories without the need of a welder. Swage products allow the electric utility to install the accessories faster and more efficiently with lower installation costs over the welding process. Installation is three times faster than traditional welding process.
To learn more about AFL, its products and services, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019
- Dymax Corporation Recognized by Inc. 5000 Ranked in Top 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. - August 20, 2019
- Domaille 5300 Polishing Machine Video Released - August 10, 2019
- Polymers Market Industry review and forecasts 2019-2027 - August 10, 2019
- New and emerging cabling standards from the TIA - August 9, 2019
- Fiber Optics Market Size, Share and Trends 2019 - August 9, 2019
- Larry Donalds to present MCVD Tips to enhance preform strength, yield, and reproducibility at ECOC 2019 - August 2, 2019
- AngstromLink Resource Center for OKP Optical Plastic Series at ECOC 2019 announced - July 24, 2019
- Technavio market research report on the global cable assembly market from 2019-2023 - July 10, 2019