Westford, MA and Spartanburg, SC – June 12, 2019 – AFL, an international manufacturer of fiber optic cable, accessories and equipment, announces that its Test and Inspection Division expanded and relocated from the Lowell, MA office to Westford, MA, allowing AFL to continue its growth strategy via workforce and technical innovation.
“A strong commitment by the state to the integrated photonics sector has created a vibrant ecosystem and talent pipeline that is critical to our current and future success,” commented Dave LeBlanc, general manager of AFL’s Test & Inspection Division. “This pipeline will help fuel our strategy for continued growth.”
AFL acquired Noyes Fiber Systems in 2000, expanding its product base to include test and inspection products and supporting AFL’s vision as a full systems solution provider.
LeBlanc continued, “With exponential growth in the telecommunications industry, the need for technologically-advanced equipment to support this growth is overwhelming. Our people are our greatest asset and we look forward to continual development of talent in our area.”
In addition to the move, AFL has also recently introduced two new innovative fiber optic testing products: the FOCIS Lightning Multi-Fiber Connector Inspection System and the FlexScan FS300 Quad Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR).
The new office is located at 2 Technology Drive, Westford MA 01886.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless and outside plant applications. Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019
- Dymax Corporation Recognized by Inc. 5000 Ranked in Top 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. - August 20, 2019
- Domaille 5300 Polishing Machine Video Released - August 10, 2019
- Polymers Market Industry review and forecasts 2019-2027 - August 10, 2019
- New and emerging cabling standards from the TIA - August 9, 2019
- Fiber Optics Market Size, Share and Trends 2019 - August 9, 2019
- Larry Donalds to present MCVD Tips to enhance preform strength, yield, and reproducibility at ECOC 2019 - August 2, 2019
- AngstromLink Resource Center for OKP Optical Plastic Series at ECOC 2019 announced - July 24, 2019