Are crimping techniques an actual step by step that needs to be followed and does it make a difference if we are slightly inconsistent with part of the process?
During the fiber termination process, proper crimping techniques are critical to ensure you achieve a durable connection. In fact, once all termination steps are complete, the cable can be pulled without coming loose from the connector. Industry specifications – and possibly your customer’s requirements – specify the maximum pull force for each fiber optic cable assembly. (The maximum pull force is measured in Newtons, for example, “100 Newtons of pulling force.”)
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Proper crimping techniques are critical when terminating fiber optic connectors
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team February 4, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019