Inside Sales Representative
We need innovative thinkers who want to change the world and be part of the next industrial revolution (internet of things, IOT).
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC) is an international stocking distributor helping our customers make the best cable assemblies in the world. These cables go into global systems supporting current telecommunications and will enable IOT for the future.
Based on years of global experience and on our teammates’ vast manufacturing knowledge, we have become a highly specialized technical expert, an industry leader, and preferred choice for most of the world’s top fiber professionals. We have developed industry connections to the most innovative optical products and technologies. This coupled with a deep understanding of the products we sell and processes we support allows us to add significant value to our customers’ operations.
Headquartered out of Southeastern Massachusetts, conveniently linked to both Providence, RI and Boston, MA. We are the trusted resource globally for fiber optic components, equipment, supplies, latest technologies, innovative automations, and industry talent.
Build your future with Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
- Fun Creators
- Extremely high energy
- Driven and dynamic personality
- Confident, strong interpersonal skills
- Team player with highest level of integrity
- Desire to exceed measurable performance goals
- Organizational skills & a results-oriented self-starter attitude
- Willing and desire to learn
We are looking for a motivated and well-spoken Inside Sales Representative to join our sales team. The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for vetting and developing new leads, communicating with customers, understanding their needs, and ensuring a smooth sales process. You should be able to support the sales process, close sales, and meet targets. To be successful as an Inside Sales Representative you should be able to build instant rapport and achieve customer satisfaction. A top Inside Sales Representative should also be very competitive, empathetic, and a good listener.
Inside Sales Representative Responsibilities
- Prospecting and vetting leads.
- Communicating with customers
- Making outbound calls to potential customers
- Following up on leads.
- Understanding customers’ needs
- Identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering potential customers’ questions and sending additional information per email.
- Maintaining database of current and potential customers.
- Staying informed about industry and products.
- Strategize with team members to innovate and improve the overall inside sales process.
- Researching and qualifying new leads.
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets.
- Constant Pursuit of Improved Listening Skills and Effective Communication Techniques
- Understand the products you sell (and the brand behind them).
- Work experience on team
Inside Sales Representative Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent phone and cold calling skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong listening and sales skills.
- Ability to achieve targets.
- Stellar Critical-thinking and Time-management skills
- Previous experience in Microsoft Office and CRM software such as Salesforce.com helpful.
- Fiber Optic Center offers a benefits package which includes comprehensive medical, dental, life and worker’s compensation insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick time. A 401k retirement plan is also available with possible profit-sharing opportunities.
- New Bedford, MA
- During to COVID: after initial in person training, fully remote with some exceptions
- Post COVID-19, TBD: Optional split – Work from Home and In-Office
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
- Pairing accountability with autonomy
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Fiber Optic Center, Inc. (FOC) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We are a drug-free company.