Last Updated: August 21, 2019
Are there general best practices for cleaning connectors?
General Best Practices:
- Never look directly into a connector with the bare eye
- Inspect, clean if necessary & re-inspect
- Reusing wipes & sticks causes cross contamination
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Cleaning Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: The art of cleaning: Follow these specific cleaning techniques during fiber optic cable assembly manufacturing and installation
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team WITH the Sticklers MicroCare Corporation Team December 1, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.