Are there general best practices for cleaning connectors?
General Best Practices:
- Never look directly into a connector with the bare eye
- Inspect, clean if necessary & re-inspect
- Reusing wipes & sticks causes cross contamination
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team WITH the Sticklers MicroCare Corporation Team December 1, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you give more detail about the bend test? - June 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: the “golden rule” in stripping - June 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why do we need to consider the Tg when selecting an epoxy? - June 10, 2019
- The Best Laid Plans of Mountains and Men: Crocker Mountain - June 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: Troubleshooting tips specific to Angle and Apex Offset - June 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the most common issues regarding APC polishing geometry? - June 6, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 higher than 1550 - June 5, 2019