In your blog, Good stripping techniques for your fiber optic cable assembly process, there is a tips for stripping tools called “First, Do No Harm” where you refer to a common 45-degree bend test method.
Can you give more detail about the bend test?
In an effort to give more detail, we have added a stripped fiber graphic and bend test explanation to the blog. Please find them now permanently as reference here: Good stripping techniques for your fiber optic cable assembly process
The bend test explanation is to hold the fiber close to the stripped area (red arrows) bend the stripped fiber about 45 degrees and perform the bending in every direction (360 degrees). Due to the induced stress any damage will lead to a crack of the fiber at the strip transition.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Good stripping techniques for your fiber optic cable assembly process
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team June 11, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Key specifications of connectors - January 3, 2020
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process adjustment - December 16, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019