We are experiencing chemical level changes in our gas delivery system bubbling process. You have staff that consults on this?
We do. The bubbling process is critical, and it is important that the gas flow and liquid reagent temperature remain constant. In most systems, the chemical level changes in the bubbler over time, which enhances the cooling effect and reduces bubble path length. This changes the vapor pressure, reducing vapor concentration delivered to the deposition tube. It is very helpful to be able to observe the bubbler chemicals.
Please find our article, Comparing the 2 types of MCVD gas delivery systems to manufacture optical preforms: Stainless steel and Teflon/glass, here: https://focenter.com/comparing-the-2-types-of-mcvd-gas-delivery-systems-to-manufacture-optical-preforms-stainless-steel-and-teflon-glass/
Fiber Optic Center offers preform fabrication consulting services to manufacturers of specialty optical preforms and fibers.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Fiber Design and Manufacturing Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: MCVD Tips: 14 ideas to enhance preform strength, yield, and reproducibility
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 19, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Key specifications of connectors - January 3, 2020
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process adjustment - December 16, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019