We are experiencing chemical level changes in our gas delivery system bubbling process. You have staff that consults on this?
We do. The bubbling process is critical, and it is important that the gas flow and liquid reagent temperature remain constant. In most systems, the chemical level changes in the bubbler over time, which enhances the cooling effect and reduces bubble path length. This changes the vapor pressure, reducing vapor concentration delivered to the deposition tube. It is very helpful to be able to observe the bubbler chemicals.
Please find our article, Comparing the 2 types of MCVD gas delivery systems to manufacture optical preforms: Stainless steel and Teflon/glass, here: https://focenter.com/comparing-the-2-types-of-mcvd-gas-delivery-systems-to-manufacture-optical-preforms-stainless-steel-and-teflon-glass/
Fiber Optic Center offers preform fabrication consulting services to manufacturers of specialty optical preforms and fibers.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 19, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – extending the epoxy’s pot life and saving money - June 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you give more detail about the bend test? - June 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: the “golden rule” in stripping - June 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why do we need to consider the Tg when selecting an epoxy? - June 10, 2019
- The Best Laid Plans of Mountains and Men: Crocker Mountain - June 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: Troubleshooting tips specific to Angle and Apex Offset - June 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the most common issues regarding APC polishing geometry? - June 6, 2019