We are experiencing chemical level changes in our gas delivery system bubbling process. You have staff that consults on this?
We do. The bubbling process is critical, and it is important that the gas flow and liquid reagent temperature remain constant. In most systems, the chemical level changes in the bubbler over time, which enhances the cooling effect and reduces bubble path length. This changes the vapor pressure, reducing vapor concentration delivered to the deposition tube. It is very helpful to be able to observe the bubbler chemicals.
Please find our article, Comparing the 2 types of MCVD gas delivery systems to manufacture optical preforms: Stainless steel and Teflon/glass, here: https://focenter.com/comparing-the-2-types-of-mcvd-gas-delivery-systems-to-manufacture-optical-preforms-stainless-steel-and-teflon-glass/
Fiber Optic Center offers preform fabrication consulting services to manufacturers of specialty optical preforms and fibers.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 19, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: important preventive measures to help reduce chance of fiber damage during stripping - April 23, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: can the errors made in the Termination processes be detected by subsequent production-line tests / measurements? - April 20, 2018
- FOC Tips: abrasive lapping films - April 19, 2018
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping - April 17, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how and when should you purchase epoxy material in premixed and frozen syringes? - April 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how tight is the buffer on the cable that I am providing? - April 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: optical fiber and faster transmission rates - April 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: When does Bi-Directional make sense? - April 10, 2018
- FOC Tips: ferrule size - April 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why Do Scratches Appear After Using the Final Film? - April 5, 2018