FOC promotes/sells the Viavi Sidewinder but I have heard that some people are using and happy with the Sumix Manta. Do you also sell that or know the differences between them?
FOC has selected the Viavi Sidewinder with our first-hand knowledge and history of actual processes with each piece of cable assembly line equipment. Though we do not sell the Sumix Manta, we have knowledge and information that helped us to base our conclusions.
Manta W+ does have some features that users will find appealing (wide FOV, fast autofocus and test, look and feel of the instrument).
Additionally, there are some issues with usability (testing SM MPO often misses fibers, testing MM MPO is not repeatable, inspection results can be manipulated by malicious or accidental user behavior, can inspect only a limited variety of MT-based connectors).
Manta W+ is an expensive, high-quality microscope with good imaging and fast acquisition, but it has poor analysis.
The FiberChek Sidewinder is the industry’s first “all-in-one” handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors such as MPO. The latest addition delivers a completely automated solution to inspect and analyze every fiber of an MPO or other multifiber connectors with industry-leading reliability and speed.
Contact us for additional questions or conversation about these products at 800-473-4237 or 508-992-6464 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected to one of our technical staff members.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team August 20, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Is there a real need for 3D printing polishing film beyond sandpaper? - September 25, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how many categories are there for buffered fibers? - September 25, 2018
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping blades - September 24, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where can I get some information on SMA connector over polishing? - September 21, 2018
- FOC Tips: SMA High Power application - September 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxies cause allergic reactions and which do not? - September 19, 2018
- FOC Tips: solutions for clean connections - September 17, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can I identify crystallization in epoxies? - September 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step one of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - September 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what happens if you undermix epoxy? - September 11, 2018