Do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix?
FOC does have a Single Fiber, Single Mode and Multimode terminations matrix that can be found in the BLOG ARTICLE: Does epoxy cause core cracking? Tips to identify and prevent this phenomenon.
That matrix includes epoxy products by color, viscosity (cps), durometer, Tg (°C), work time, cure schedule and notes.
Additionally, FOC has the ÅngströmBond Solutions Center that provides epoxy expertise through:
- technical content, best practices, weekly tips
- dedicated adhesives expert to help meet Individual customer needs
- specialty stock materials or high-tech custom epoxies in custom package sizes
- FOC developed ÅngströmBond, the only specialty adhesive line developed exclusively for Fiber Optics
The ÅngströmBond Solutions Center will meet Individual customer needs by offering specialty stock materials or high-tech custom epoxies in custom package sizes. One featured adhesive solution is the ÅngströmBond 9123 product which successfully passes GR-326 testing and Telcordia specifications.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team June 17, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- FOC Tips: Use the proper strip template when stripping for connectorization - July 17, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxy is the best for my application? - July 15, 2019
- Maple Syrup, Hidden Trails and Eerie Sights on the Third-Tallest Mountain in Vermont - July 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: the four major components of the fiber optic patch cord - July 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: when stripping multi-layer cables for connectorization, does each layer need to be stripped individually? - July 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1550 higher than 1310 - July 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Should we check for crystallization? Do we need to adjust our inspection process? - July 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: diameter of the ferrule’s hole bore is larger than the outside diameter of the fiber - July 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we establish good cleaning techniques throughout the polishing process? - July 3, 2019
- FOC Tips: Connectors are aligned and contacted optimally - July 2, 2019