Do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix?
FOC does have a Single Fiber, Single Mode and Multimode terminations matrix that can be found in the BLOG ARTICLE: Does epoxy cause core cracking? Tips to identify and prevent this phenomenon.
That matrix includes epoxy products by color, viscosity (cps), durometer, Tg (°C), work time, cure schedule and notes.
Additionally, FOC has the ÅngströmBond Solutions Center that provides epoxy expertise through:
- technical content, best practices, weekly tips
- dedicated adhesives expert to help meet Individual customer needs
- specialty stock materials or high-tech custom epoxies in custom package sizes
- FOC developed ÅngströmBond, the only specialty adhesive line developed exclusively for Fiber Optics
The ÅngströmBond Solutions Center will meet Individual customer needs by offering specialty stock materials or high-tech custom epoxies in custom package sizes. One featured adhesive solution is the ÅngströmBond 9123 product which successfully passes GR-326 testing and Telcordia specifications.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team June 17, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019
- Fiber Optic Cable Splicing Explained - September 7, 2019
- Ways in which the end-face can become contaminated along the way - September 6, 2019
- Removal of coatings from short fiber in certain sections - September 5, 2019
- End-face quality and cleanliness - September 4, 2019
- Re-cleaning a connector after installation - September 4, 2019
- The two wavelengths used for Insertion Loss testing - September 3, 2019
- Ensuring connector end-faces meet industry standards on end-face cleanliness (ex. IEC 61300-3-35) - September 2, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - August 31, 2019