Do you have feedback from actual Phenix fibersect customers on their real experiences with this cleaving option?
Here’s what a few Phenix fibersect customers have confirmed:
Customer A: “The people on our assembly line were not intimidated by the Phenix fibersect. In fact, they were happy to use it – just insert the ferrule and push the button. The laser cleaver was loud, complicated, and intimidating. The laser cleaver cost more, smells more, and required more maintenance. When the people on our assembly line were no longer required to use the laser cleaver, no one wanted to!”
Customer B: “Every cleave you make is practically identical. The polishing process is a lot more uniform, because the part that’s coming to the process is more uniform.”
Customer C: “Soon after starting to use the Phenix fibersect, one of our large customers required us to qualify our cables with a third-party provider. The only way to maintain this qualification is by having more automation and fewer variables in our production process, which the fibersect has allowed us to do.”
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team March 16, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you give more detail about the bend test? - June 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: the “golden rule” in stripping - June 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why do we need to consider the Tg when selecting an epoxy? - June 10, 2019
- The Best Laid Plans of Mountains and Men: Crocker Mountain - June 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: Troubleshooting tips specific to Angle and Apex Offset - June 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the most common issues regarding APC polishing geometry? - June 6, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 higher than 1550 - June 5, 2019