Do you have feedback from actual Phenix fibersect customers on their real experiences with this cleaving option?
Here’s what a few Phenix fibersect customers have confirmed:
Customer A: “The people on our assembly line were not intimidated by the Phenix fibersect. In fact, they were happy to use it – just insert the ferrule and push the button. The laser cleaver was loud, complicated, and intimidating. The laser cleaver cost more, smells more, and required more maintenance. When the people on our assembly line were no longer required to use the laser cleaver, no one wanted to!”
Customer B: “Every cleave you make is practically identical. The polishing process is a lot more uniform, because the part that’s coming to the process is more uniform.”
Customer C: “Soon after starting to use the Phenix fibersect, one of our large customers required us to qualify our cables with a third-party provider. The only way to maintain this qualification is by having more automation and fewer variables in our production process, which the fibersect has allowed us to do.”
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team March 16, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: some patch cords show ‘gain’ so how can this be possible, is there something wrong with the instrument? - March 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: available supply of specialty connectors has a positive impact on those considering using non-standard fiber sizes - March 21, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is bond line thickness important? - March 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – steps for sanding your 3D printing project - March 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why has connectivity become so important? - March 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: on epoxy curing - March 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Since cleanliness counts, how can I improve my epoxy work surface? - March 12, 2019
- FOC Tips: To accurately measure IL/RL, using a high-quality tester is imperative - March 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Which package size of epoxy is right for my process? - March 7, 2019
- FOC Tips: Cross-sectioning is an effective diagnostic tool - March 6, 2019