Do you have feedback from actual Phenix fibersect customers on their real experiences with this cleaving option?
Here’s what a few Phenix fibersect customers have confirmed:
Customer A: “The people on our assembly line were not intimidated by the Phenix fibersect. In fact, they were happy to use it – just insert the ferrule and push the button. The laser cleaver was loud, complicated, and intimidating. The laser cleaver cost more, smells more, and required more maintenance. When the people on our assembly line were no longer required to use the laser cleaver, no one wanted to!”
Customer B: “Every cleave you make is practically identical. The polishing process is a lot more uniform, because the part that’s coming to the process is more uniform.”
Customer C: “Soon after starting to use the Phenix fibersect, one of our large customers required us to qualify our cables with a third-party provider. The only way to maintain this qualification is by having more automation and fewer variables in our production process, which the fibersect has allowed us to do.”
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team March 16, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- FOC Tips: measuring a PC ferrule’s Apex Offset - January 15, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are common connector issues that we should be on alert for? - January 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: To help ensure accurate IL measurements, use good-quality test jumpers - January 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: adjusting the concentration of the fluorinated polymer - January 10, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: If the epoxy has filler or glass beads, will that interfere with the strength of the bond – and create the need for a thicker bond line? - January 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and nicks - January 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what happens if you overmix epoxy? - January 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: defining type and semi tight buffers as opposed to loose tubes in optical cables - January 3, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can one verify that epoxy processes are appropriate for the product? - December 27, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how many different ways are there to terminate an optical fiber which is tight buffered and where can I find more information on each? - December 20, 2018