Do you have OKP plastics that Osaka Gas introduced with 1.64 refractive index?
Fiber Optic Center supplies OKP plastics that are high purity, polyester polymers with refractive indices ranging from 1.61 to 1.65. These materials are always improving. Osaka Gas did introduced a 1.64 refractive index material with extremely low birefringence. Birefringence in polymers is predominately the result of molding process.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: From Cracker Jack’s Magnifying Glass to Smart Phone
Direct questions about OKP can be sent to Kelly Barker at KBarker@focenter.com
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 26, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: inspection needs when focused on helping protect the bottom line - May 18, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are the choice of epoxies critically important and if so, why? - May 17, 2018
- FOC Tips: fiber cleaning - May 16, 2018
- FOC Tips: determining over polishing of the connector is difficult to gauge - May 14, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is homemade pre-mixed and frozen epoxy real? - May 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: optical fiber UV coated, acts as a thermal insulator - May 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how does FOC’s lapping film supplier produce this with protection to the environment? - May 9, 2018
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the ÅngströmBond Solutions Center to provide the industry with epoxy technical solutions and products - May 8, 2018
- FOC Tips: heat-cure two component epoxy - May 7, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what kind of cleaning and maintenance is required for fiber optic polishing equipment? - May 4, 2018