Do you have OKP plastics that Osaka Gas introduced with 1.64 refractive index?
Fiber Optic Center supplies OKP plastics that are high purity, polyester polymers with refractive indices ranging from 1.61 to 1.65. These materials are always improving. Osaka Gas did introduced a 1.64 refractive index material with extremely low birefringence. Birefringence in polymers is predominately the result of molding process.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: From Cracker Jack’s Magnifying Glass to Smart Phone
Direct questions about OKP can be sent to Kelly Barker at KBarker@focenter.com
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 26, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping blades - September 24, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where can I get some information on SMA connector over polishing? - September 21, 2018
- FOC Tips: SMA High Power application - September 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxies cause allergic reactions and which do not? - September 19, 2018
- FOC Tips: solutions for clean connections - September 17, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can I identify crystallization in epoxies? - September 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step one of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - September 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what happens if you undermix epoxy? - September 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: focus on preventive action, not corrective action - September 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why is it important to measure Insertion Loss and Return Loss? - September 7, 2018