Does FOC has some epoxy curing tips for when issues occur?
Tips regarding epoxy curing issues:
- To validate your epoxy curing process, we recommend following the Telcordia GR-326 adhesive testing standard (section 18.104.22.168).
- Avoid placing curing ovens where air may blow across the oven, for example, under a heating or air-conditioning vent. Oven heating surfaces should be covered and protected from drafts.
- Consider sending a representative sample of the real build through the production process, knowing you will destroy this sample later on to determine whether your product is built to full strength. Destructive testing is particularly helpful when establishing your bonding procedures. Cross-sectioning is a useful troubleshooting tool, because it offers a unique view inside connectors and can provide insight into why they fail.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Bonding Optical Fiber to the Ceramic Ferrule Part 2: Best practices to characterize oven ports used to thermally cure epoxy
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team August 29, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.