Does FOC have a step-by-step “instruction sheet” on polishing procedure?
In a perfect world, there would be ONE polishing procedure. In this ideal world, you could follow a standard “recipe” to implement your fiber optic polishing process – and following this recipe would make implementation quite fast and easy. Unfortunately, due to numerous factors influencing the polishing process, it’s impossible to offer a step-by-step “instruction sheet” that could accommodate everyone.
The good news is, there are some standard practices to follow. For example, it is standard to clean between each polishing step, and it is standard to meet certain geometry and visual appearance requirements. Also, while there may not be one polishing procedure specifically, there are a few basic ingredients to every recipe: time, pressure, and speed.
The exact recipe for your polishing procedure depends on certain factors in your fiber optic cable assembly process: your materials, equipment, methods, and environment. Also, it depends on your goals. What do you want to achieve in the polishing process? Which specifications do you need to meet?
Contact FOC to help with your recipe needs….
(800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: email@example.com
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 29, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have information on common layers and what to consider when stripping? - May 20, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and damage - May 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to help establish good cleaning techniques throughout your polishing process - May 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does Fiber Optic Center accept returns of crystallized epoxies? - May 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: implementing a cross-sectioning capability IN-HOUSE - May 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are COATED flock pile pads and are there multiple choices for them? - May 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 and 1550 similar - May 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Our epoxy is curing differently and has a different color. Can I use it? - May 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: the hole in the ferrule is not perfectly centered - May 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is there a trick to keep the polishing film from moving? - May 6, 2019