Does FOC have a step-by-step “instruction sheet” on polishing procedure?
In a perfect world, there would be ONE polishing procedure. In this ideal world, you could follow a standard “recipe” to implement your fiber optic polishing process – and following this recipe would make implementation quite fast and easy. Unfortunately, due to numerous factors influencing the polishing process, it’s impossible to offer a step-by-step “instruction sheet” that could accommodate everyone.
The good news is, there are some standard practices to follow. For example, it is standard to clean between each polishing step, and it is standard to meet certain geometry and visual appearance requirements. Also, while there may not be one polishing procedure specifically, there are a few basic ingredients to every recipe: time, pressure, and speed.
The exact recipe for your polishing procedure depends on certain factors in your fiber optic cable assembly process: your materials, equipment, methods, and environment. Also, it depends on your goals. What do you want to achieve in the polishing process? Which specifications do you need to meet?
Contact FOC to help with your recipe needs….
(800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure?
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Find More Information in this Blog:
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 29, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019