Does FOC’s lapping film supplier use petroleum for their heat source?
In continuing their effort to reduce harmful emissions and improve energy efficiency, our lapping film supplier recently switched their heat source from petroleum to the latest in Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) boiler technology. A LNG boiler, compared with Petroleum, generates less CO2 and Nitrogen Oxide, no Sulphur oxide or soot dust, and is much more efficient.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Does your Lapping Film supplier do all it can to protect the environment?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team July 30, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where does the contamination come from in the normal polishing process? - August 16, 2018
- FOC Tips: spring loaded connectors after primary polishing - August 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how are the environments in which copper and optical cable are produced different? - August 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: inner-housing - August 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: the most common fiber optic epoxy packaging is premeasured two part packs. - August 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects start with a good print job - August 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of cross sectioning fiber optic connectors? - August 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what lapping films are available with PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back? - August 7, 2018
- FOC Tips: To help ensure accurate RL measurements, use OTDR. - August 3, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: When does less cladding get faster transmission rates or does it? - August 2, 2018