Does FOC’s lapping film supplier use petroleum for their heat source?
In continuing their effort to reduce harmful emissions and improve energy efficiency, our lapping film supplier recently switched their heat source from petroleum to the latest in Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) boiler technology. A LNG boiler, compared with Petroleum, generates less CO2 and Nitrogen Oxide, no Sulphur oxide or soot dust, and is much more efficient.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Does your Lapping Film supplier do all it can to protect the environment?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team July 30, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: epoxy de-gassing - October 17, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – gradually decrease grit size when sanding and polishing - October 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do you ensure proper bond line thickness? - October 15, 2018
- FOC Tips: purchasing bulk material for fiber optic epoxies - October 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended needle size to dispense epoxy? - October 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: fiber diameters - October 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can you decrease and increase Radius values? - October 8, 2018
- FOC Tips: testing of dissimilar connector styles - October 5, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: guidance for developing a fiber optic polishing process? - October 4, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what industries need a fiber optic SMA today? - October 2, 2018