Does FOC’s lapping film supplier use petroleum for their heat source?
In continuing their effort to reduce harmful emissions and improve energy efficiency, our lapping film supplier recently switched their heat source from petroleum to the latest in Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) boiler technology. A LNG boiler, compared with Petroleum, generates less CO2 and Nitrogen Oxide, no Sulphur oxide or soot dust, and is much more efficient.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Does your Lapping Film supplier do all it can to protect the environment?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team July 30, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why aren’t packages of less than 2.5 or 2 grams available? - June 27, 2019
- FOC Tips: Assess the quality and condition of test cables - June 25, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can I select the right epoxy for a new application? - June 24, 2019
- Twenty-three Miles and Three Mountains Later: Journey in Bethlehem - June 21, 2019
- FOC Tips: guides and resources for epoxy and adhesive options - June 20, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why isn’t there one standard polishing process? - June 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – extending the epoxy’s pot life and saving money - June 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019