Does FOC’s lapping film supplier use petroleum for their heat source?
In continuing their effort to reduce harmful emissions and improve energy efficiency, our lapping film supplier recently switched their heat source from petroleum to the latest in Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) boiler technology. A LNG boiler, compared with Petroleum, generates less CO2 and Nitrogen Oxide, no Sulphur oxide or soot dust, and is much more efficient.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Does your Lapping Film supplier do all it can to protect the environment?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team July 30, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why are advancements in connectivity important and new designs so inevitable? - February 18, 2019
- FOC Tips: Return Loss (RL) is a measure of power reflected - February 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended minimum bond line thickness? - February 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: developing a polishing process, evaluate visual defects - February 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we get information about allergic issues on some of the specific epoxy products you sell? - February 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: Minus Coplanarity, the distance between the lowest fiber and the “best-fit plane” through the array of fibers - February 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing? - February 6, 2019
- FOC Tips: passive component testers and wavelength - February 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: can objects contact the bottom or sidewalls of the ultrasonic bath when cleaning polishing fixtures? - February 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: Step four of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - February 1, 2019