QUESTION: What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a 2.5g pack of epoxy?
ANSWER: We think the best way to load a syringe with a mixed pack of epoxy is to have BOTH HANDS available to do the job. This means you want the clean syringes ready to go and POSITIONED for loading directly. Anything like a test tube rack, that holds the syringes vertical, works –
- You can improvise a syringe rack by taping the syringe(s) to the side of a table or desk.
- You can fashion a simple fixture that is a block (wood is ok, but something like Delrin would be better) that has a hole slightly larger than the size of the syringe barrel drilled vertically to hold the syringe upright (drill the hole all the way through the block so any spillage or overflow doesn’t collect in the bottom of a blind hole). A larger block is more stable and makes a better base, and allows multiple holes to be drilled.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 10, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Determining minor or normal slight binder indentation on buffer tubes - October 16, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces Viavi FiberChek Sidewinder, first fully autonomous handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors - October 10, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the promotion of William Sorell to Shipping Supervisor - October 5, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Where does dust based end face contamination come from? - August 16, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the highest capacity fiber count an OCETS can handle? - August 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is it important to clean both ends of the connector pair? - August 8, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How residue based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - August 2, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales - July 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What happens if there are dust particles on one of the connector end faces during the connector mating process? - July 18, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: OCETS: How do I configure the software to work with the chamber? - July 12, 2017