How can I select the right epoxy for a new application?
I’m happy to help you determine the epoxy that will work best for your application. Just send an email to me at KBarker@focenter.com and include answers to these questions:
- Can you tell me something about your application?
- What substrates are to be bonded?
- What is the main purpose of the adhesive (e.g., alignment, in the optical path, index matching)?
- Are you planning UV or heat cure? What is the maximum acceptable temperature for cure?
- What strength of bond, hardness of material, and viscosity do you need?
READ THIS FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team June 24, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019