How can we reduce the risk of dermatitis when working with epoxies?
To reduce the risk of either of these types of dermatitis, let’s begin with a common phrase: SAFETY FIRST. It is important to prepare and protect yourself from coming in contact with the epoxy itself and its fumes, as well as understand the specific material you are working with and receive training for your specific application process. Working in a well ventilated area or under a ventilation hood is a must, especially if you are curing a high number of connectors at a time in a large capacity oven.
By reading the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) prior to handling, which is available for each hazardous product supplied, you can review general health and safety advice. You can familiarize yourself with hazard statements, precautionary statements, first-aid measures, material composition and recommended handling and personal protective measures and equipment.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: How to minimize allergic reactions when handling epoxies
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team December 3, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have many customers using AngstromLap polishing film or are other brands more prevalent? - April 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: visual inspection is made easier with an automated fiberscope - April 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: no changes in fiber optic cable assembly production process, but measured IL and RL values of product aren’t as good as they were-could there be something wrong with the measurement equipment? - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. Expands Marketing Department; Joni Montemagno joins as Director Marketing Promotions - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission - April 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: in APC polishing is conical or step ferrules more expensive? - April 16, 2019
- FOC Tips: importance of controlling the amount of epoxy inside the ferrule-holder - April 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: Quick troubleshooting checklist for common APC polishing issues - April 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We have issues with crystallized epoxy: has the epoxy had “gone bad”? - April 10, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Kelly Michael Skelton as Systems Architect - April 9, 2019