How can we reduce the risk of dermatitis when working with epoxies?
To reduce the risk of either of these types of dermatitis, let’s begin with a common phrase: SAFETY FIRST. It is important to prepare and protect yourself from coming in contact with the epoxy itself and its fumes, as well as understand the specific material you are working with and receive training for your specific application process. Working in a well ventilated area or under a ventilation hood is a must, especially if you are curing a high number of connectors at a time in a large capacity oven.
By reading the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) prior to handling, which is available for each hazardous product supplied, you can review general health and safety advice. You can familiarize yourself with hazard statements, precautionary statements, first-aid measures, material composition and recommended handling and personal protective measures and equipment.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: How to minimize allergic reactions when handling epoxies
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team December 3, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Scratches and final film - August 13, 2019
- The importance of etching in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of MT ferrules - August 12, 2019
- Glass transition is analogous to the melting point of a solid - August 9, 2019
- Outer jacket and Good stripping techniques - August 7, 2019
- Is fabricating fiber optic cable assemblies a manual or automated process? - August 6, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – to stop the curing process - July 31, 2019
- If you use too much water and flood the platen - July 26, 2019
- Proper maintenance of polishing fixtures is absolutely essential - July 23, 2019
- Troubleshooting tips specific to Key Error - July 19, 2019
- Concerns with automation in the optical fiber industry - July 18, 2019