How do we decide which passive component tester to purchase?
The passive component tester (PCT) – must be correctly configured by the seller to support your product requirements. Start by answering these 7 foundational questions. This will help prepare you to order a PCT with the right test set configuration for your fiber optic product.
- Question 1. What type of fiber will you test: single mode, multimode, or both?
- Question 2. What type of connectors do you have?
- Question 3. How many channels will you need?
- Question 4: Is the ability to test Return Loss (RL) required?
- Question 5: Will you measure Insertion Loss (IL) individually per end – or measure total Insertion Loss?
- Question 6. Which measurement wavelengths do you require?
- Question 7. What does the future hold?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team November 1, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the concerns with automation in the optical fiber industry? - July 18, 2019
- FOC Tips: Use the proper strip template when stripping for connectorization - July 17, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxy is the best for my application? - July 15, 2019
- Maple Syrup, Hidden Trails and Eerie Sights on the Third-Tallest Mountain in Vermont - July 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: the four major components of the fiber optic patch cord - July 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: when stripping multi-layer cables for connectorization, does each layer need to be stripped individually? - July 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1550 higher than 1310 - July 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Should we check for crystallization? Do we need to adjust our inspection process? - July 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: diameter of the ferrule’s hole bore is larger than the outside diameter of the fiber - July 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we establish good cleaning techniques throughout the polishing process? - July 3, 2019