How do we decide which passive component tester to purchase?
The passive component tester (PCT) – must be correctly configured by the seller to support your product requirements. Start by answering these 7 foundational questions. This will help prepare you to order a PCT with the right test set configuration for your fiber optic product.
- Question 1. What type of fiber will you test: single mode, multimode, or both?
- Question 2. What type of connectors do you have?
- Question 3. How many channels will you need?
- Question 4: Is the ability to test Return Loss (RL) required?
- Question 5: Will you measure Insertion Loss (IL) individually per end – or measure total Insertion Loss?
- Question 6. Which measurement wavelengths do you require?
- Question 7. What does the future hold?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team November 1, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have information on common layers and what to consider when stripping? - May 20, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and damage - May 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to help establish good cleaning techniques throughout your polishing process - May 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does Fiber Optic Center accept returns of crystallized epoxies? - May 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: implementing a cross-sectioning capability IN-HOUSE - May 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are COATED flock pile pads and are there multiple choices for them? - May 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 and 1550 similar - May 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Our epoxy is curing differently and has a different color. Can I use it? - May 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: the hole in the ferrule is not perfectly centered - May 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is there a trick to keep the polishing film from moving? - May 6, 2019