How do we decide which passive component tester to purchase?
The passive component tester (PCT) – must be correctly configured by the seller to support your product requirements. Start by answering these 7 foundational questions. This will help prepare you to order a PCT with the right test set configuration for your fiber optic product.
- Question 1. What type of fiber will you test: single mode, multimode, or both?
- Question 2. What type of connectors do you have?
- Question 3. How many channels will you need?
- Question 4: Is the ability to test Return Loss (RL) required?
- Question 5: Will you measure Insertion Loss (IL) individually per end – or measure total Insertion Loss?
- Question 6. Which measurement wavelengths do you require?
- Question 7. What does the future hold?
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Test Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Testing Tips: enhance your process, your results, and your fiber optic cable assemblies
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team November 1, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019