How do we get information about allergic issues on some of the specific epoxy products you sell?
By reading the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) prior to handling, which is available for each hazardous product supplied, you can review general health and safety advice. You can familiarize yourself with hazard statements, precautionary statements, first-aid measures, material composition and recommended handling and personal protective measures and equipment.
Since Allergic Contact Dermatitis is considered an individual problem, it is also recommended to research the material you will be using and see if there is an alternative that is more allergen friendly and discover the type of gloves that are best for you. Latex gloves are readily available and affordable, but if you are hypersensitive to latex, perhaps nitrile gloves are the choice for you.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: How to minimize allergic reactions when handling epoxies
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team February 11, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Key specifications of connectors - January 3, 2020
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process adjustment - December 16, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019