How do you get a two-part epoxy to achieve its maximum cured bonding properties?
For a two-part epoxy to achieve its maximum cured bonding properties, the two parts must be sufficiently mixed, and cured at the proper temperature and time. Improperly mixed or under-cured epoxy will generally NOT continue to cure at room temperature——the epoxy may APPEAR to be fully cured, and will exhibit sufficient bonding for the product to complete the assembly process—the product may very well pass all subsequent visual and IL / RL testing. But it will never have the long-term properties for which the epoxy was selected in the first place.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: The processes involved in Termination play a CRITICAL role in determining the long-term reliability of the product
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team May 29, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are there different geometry parameter measurements for PC ferrules and APC ferrules? - August 21, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: differences between Viavi Sidewinder and Sumix Manta? - August 20, 2018
- FOC Tips: Build in buffer time to validate your curing schedule - August 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where does the contamination come from in the normal polishing process? - August 16, 2018
- FOC Tips: spring loaded connectors after primary polishing - August 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how are the environments in which copper and optical cable are produced different? - August 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: inner-housing - August 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: the most common fiber optic epoxy packaging is premeasured two part packs. - August 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects start with a good print job - August 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of cross sectioning fiber optic connectors? - August 9, 2018