How does FOC’s lapping film supplier produce with protection to the environment?
To make this high tech lapping film, first hyper-pure compounds, such as aluminum oxide, silicon carbide, silicon dioxide or diamond, are filtered and sorted by size. These materials are mixed into paste that gets applied to a Mylar film. For Fiber Optic Center and our partner, this is where better engineering can help the environment.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Does your Lapping Film supplier do all it can to protect the environment?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team May 9, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the main applications and industries for optical fiber other than communication networks? - December 11, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: if a fiber is damaged during stripping, will it affect the finished product? - December 10, 2018
- FOC Tips: Fiber Optic Connector Cross Sectioning example from “Connector B” notes - December 6, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: for benchtop microscopes, what types of contamination are they best suited to identify? - December 5, 2018
- FOC Tips: Follow the Telcordia GR-326 standard to validate your curing schedule - December 4, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can we reduce the risk of dermatitis when working with epoxies? - December 3, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step three of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - November 29, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages of SMA connectors over others? - November 28, 2018
- FOC Tips: Apex Offset for APC Ferrules - November 27, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: when cleaning polishing fixtures, does the entire object need to be submerged in an ultrasonic bath? - November 26, 2018