How many options are there for troubleshooting why a connector failed?
There are 4 diagnostic methods that can help to troubleshoot why a connector failed. They are:
- In-house optical diagnostic process and tools
- X-ray inspection services
- Sonar/ultrasonic inspection services
- Cross-sectioning services
FOC uses the diagnostic method of cross-sectioning connectors. This technique enables us to actually look inside a fiber optic connector, see the defect, and pinpoint the cause of failure.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE:
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team October 22, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have information on common layers and what to consider when stripping? - May 20, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and damage - May 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to help establish good cleaning techniques throughout your polishing process - May 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does Fiber Optic Center accept returns of crystallized epoxies? - May 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: implementing a cross-sectioning capability IN-HOUSE - May 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are COATED flock pile pads and are there multiple choices for them? - May 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 and 1550 similar - May 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Our epoxy is curing differently and has a different color. Can I use it? - May 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: the hole in the ferrule is not perfectly centered - May 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is there a trick to keep the polishing film from moving? - May 6, 2019