How much is enough or the right amount of epoxy in the connector?
The answer is dependent on internal connector design, fiber diameters, epoxy type and application methods.
For detailed information on internal connector design, the fiber diameters that play an important role and the critical choice of epoxies.
Fiber Optic Center can help answer this by understanding the variables and can provide a unique service to customers. Beginning with intensive training on assembly termination and taking the variables into consideration, Fiber Optic Center will provide cross sectioning of the fiber optic connector to determine epoxy amount/volume, location and movement. This cross sectioning service, although destructive provides the manufacturer with a clear pictorial of what exactly is going on inside their connectors.
For detailed information on:
- internal connector design
- fiber diameters that play an important role and
- critical choice of epoxies
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Assuring the correct amount of Epoxy is in the connector
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Find More Information in this Blog:
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team November 12, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Key specifications of connectors - January 3, 2020
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process adjustment - December 16, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019