How much is enough or the right amount of epoxy in the connector?
The answer is dependent on internal connector design, fiber diameters, epoxy type and application methods.
For detailed information on internal connector design, the fiber diameters that play an important role and the critical choice of epoxies.
Fiber Optic Center can help answer this by understanding the variables and can provide a unique service to customers. Beginning with intensive training on assembly termination and taking the variables into consideration, Fiber Optic Center will provide cross sectioning of the fiber optic connector to determine epoxy amount/volume, location and movement. This cross sectioning service, although destructive provides the manufacturer with a clear pictorial of what exactly is going on inside their connectors.
For detailed information on:
- internal connector design
- fiber diameters that play an important role and
- critical choice of epoxies
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Assuring the correct amount of Epoxy is in the connector
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Find More Information in this Blog:
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team November 12, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Scratches and final film - August 13, 2019
- The importance of etching in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of MT ferrules - August 12, 2019
- Glass transition is analogous to the melting point of a solid - August 9, 2019
- Outer jacket and Good stripping techniques - August 7, 2019
- Is fabricating fiber optic cable assemblies a manual or automated process? - August 6, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – to stop the curing process - July 31, 2019
- If you use too much water and flood the platen - July 26, 2019
- Proper maintenance of polishing fixtures is absolutely essential - July 23, 2019
- Troubleshooting tips specific to Key Error - July 19, 2019
- Concerns with automation in the optical fiber industry - July 18, 2019