How much is enough or the right amount of epoxy in the connector?
The answer is dependent on internal connector design, fiber diameters, epoxy type and application methods.
For detailed information on internal connector design, the fiber diameters that play an important role and the critical choice of epoxies.
Fiber Optic Center can help answer this by understanding the variables and can provide a unique service to customers. Beginning with intensive training on assembly termination and taking the variables into consideration, Fiber Optic Center will provide cross sectioning of the fiber optic connector to determine epoxy amount/volume, location and movement. This cross sectioning service, although destructive provides the manufacturer with a clear pictorial of what exactly is going on inside their connectors.
For detailed information on:
- internal connector design
- fiber diameters that play an important role and
- critical choice of epoxies
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Assuring the correct amount of Epoxy is in the connector
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team November 12, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the main applications and industries for optical fiber other than communication networks? - December 11, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: if a fiber is damaged during stripping, will it affect the finished product? - December 10, 2018
- FOC Tips: Fiber Optic Connector Cross Sectioning example from “Connector B” notes - December 6, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: for benchtop microscopes, what types of contamination are they best suited to identify? - December 5, 2018
- FOC Tips: Follow the Telcordia GR-326 standard to validate your curing schedule - December 4, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can we reduce the risk of dermatitis when working with epoxies? - December 3, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step three of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - November 29, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages of SMA connectors over others? - November 28, 2018
- FOC Tips: Apex Offset for APC Ferrules - November 27, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: when cleaning polishing fixtures, does the entire object need to be submerged in an ultrasonic bath? - November 26, 2018