How precise are the epoxy packaging weights?
The fiber optic world is driven by precision. If you purchase a 4-gram package, you can rely on getting 4 grams of epoxy. This is a data point to consider as you determine which package size best meets your process requirements.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team May 28, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019
- Fiber Optic Cable Splicing Explained - September 7, 2019
- Ways in which the end-face can become contaminated along the way - September 6, 2019
- Removal of coatings from short fiber in certain sections - September 5, 2019
- End-face quality and cleanliness - September 4, 2019
- Re-cleaning a connector after installation - September 4, 2019
- The two wavelengths used for Insertion Loss testing - September 3, 2019
- Ensuring connector end-faces meet industry standards on end-face cleanliness (ex. IEC 61300-3-35) - September 2, 2019