How precise are the epoxy packaging weights?
The fiber optic world is driven by precision. If you purchase a 4-gram package, you can rely on getting 4 grams of epoxy. This is a data point to consider as you determine which package size best meets your process requirements.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team May 28, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why aren’t packages of less than 2.5 or 2 grams available? - June 27, 2019
- FOC Tips: Assess the quality and condition of test cables - June 25, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can I select the right epoxy for a new application? - June 24, 2019
- Twenty-three Miles and Three Mountains Later: Journey in Bethlehem - June 21, 2019
- FOC Tips: guides and resources for epoxy and adhesive options - June 20, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why isn’t there one standard polishing process? - June 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – extending the epoxy’s pot life and saving money - June 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019