Is homemade pre-mixed and frozen epoxy real?
Homemade pre-mixed and frozen epoxy is the equivalent to making your own pre-mixed and frozen epoxy, which may take some trial and error, but can ultimately save time and solve the epoxy waste problem. If you can’t chill to -40°C, the slowing of the curing reaction corresponds to how cold you can get the mixed epoxy: -20°C can work for days to weeks, if that is all the time that is needed to use up the epoxy. Disclaimer: Epoxies vary, so please experiment first with the exact epoxy you are using before launching a production plan.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Why are epoxy bi-packs 2.5 grams?
Bookmark FOC’s Adhesive/Epoxy Page and Contact Info at: https://focenter.com/angstrombond/
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team May 11, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: Return Loss (RL) is a measure of power reflected - February 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended minimum bond line thickness? - February 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: developing a polishing process, evaluate visual defects - February 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we get information about allergic issues on some of the specific epoxy products you sell? - February 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: Minus Coplanarity, the distance between the lowest fiber and the “best-fit plane” through the array of fibers - February 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing? - February 6, 2019
- FOC Tips: passive component testers and wavelength - February 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: can objects contact the bottom or sidewalls of the ultrasonic bath when cleaning polishing fixtures? - February 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: Step four of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - February 1, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a mixed package of epoxy? - January 31, 2019