Is there a real need for 3D printing polishing film beyond sandpaper?
There is a need for 3D printing polishing film. This fine-grit, abrasive material provides a smooth, mirror-polish finish – well above and beyond sandpaper.
As experts in fiber optics and fine-grit abrasive films, we exclusively offer 3D Polishing Films that deliver a mirror-polish finish for the 3D printing industry. Our ultrafine 3D printing polishing films have grit sizes 10 times smaller than the finest super-fine microgrits available at the average hardware store – as small as 1 micron! (See chart, below.) This makes it possible – and surprisingly easy – to achieve a smooth, glossy polish on your 3D printed object.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Sanding 3D Printed Objects: How to Get a Mirror-Polish Finish
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team September 25, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can we figure out ideal fiber height for a fiber optic connectors? - October 18, 2018
- FOC Tips: epoxy de-gassing - October 17, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – gradually decrease grit size when sanding and polishing - October 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do you ensure proper bond line thickness? - October 15, 2018
- FOC Tips: purchasing bulk material for fiber optic epoxies - October 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended needle size to dispense epoxy? - October 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: fiber diameters - October 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can you decrease and increase Radius values? - October 8, 2018
- FOC Tips: testing of dissimilar connector styles - October 5, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: guidance for developing a fiber optic polishing process? - October 4, 2018