Is there a real need for 3D printing polishing film beyond sandpaper?
There is a need for 3D printing polishing film. This fine-grit, abrasive material provides a smooth, mirror-polish finish – well above and beyond sandpaper.
As experts in fiber optics and fine-grit abrasive films, we exclusively offer 3D Polishing Films that deliver a mirror-polish finish for the 3D printing industry. Our ultrafine 3D printing polishing films have grit sizes 10 times smaller than the finest super-fine microgrits available at the average hardware store – as small as 1 micron! (See chart, below.) This makes it possible – and surprisingly easy – to achieve a smooth, glossy polish on your 3D printed object.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Sanding 3D Printed Objects: How to Get a Mirror-Polish Finish
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team September 25, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- FOC Tips: visual inspection is made easier with an automated fiberscope - April 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: no changes in fiber optic cable assembly production process, but measured IL and RL values of product aren’t as good as they were-could there be something wrong with the measurement equipment? - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. Expands Marketing Department; Joni Montemagno joins as Director Marketing Promotions - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission - April 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: in APC polishing is conical or step ferrules more expensive? - April 16, 2019
- FOC Tips: importance of controlling the amount of epoxy inside the ferrule-holder - April 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: Quick troubleshooting checklist for common APC polishing issues - April 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We have issues with crystallized epoxy: has the epoxy had “gone bad”? - April 10, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Kelly Michael Skelton as Systems Architect - April 9, 2019
- FOC Tips: Contamination on the outside of the ferrule or inside the adapter sleeve - April 9, 2019