Is there a real need for 3D printing polishing film beyond sandpaper?
There is a need for 3D printing polishing film. This fine-grit, abrasive material provides a smooth, mirror-polish finish – well above and beyond sandpaper.
As experts in fiber optics and fine-grit abrasive films, we exclusively offer 3D Polishing Films that deliver a mirror-polish finish for the 3D printing industry. Our ultrafine 3D printing polishing films have grit sizes 10 times smaller than the finest super-fine microgrits available at the average hardware store – as small as 1 micron! (See chart, below.) This makes it possible – and surprisingly easy – to achieve a smooth, glossy polish on your 3D printed object.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Sanding 3D Printed Objects: How to Get a Mirror-Polish Finish
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
Category Resource: FOC Film Page
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team September 25, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Scratches and final film - August 13, 2019
- The importance of etching in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of MT ferrules - August 12, 2019
- Glass transition is analogous to the melting point of a solid - August 9, 2019
- Outer jacket and Good stripping techniques - August 7, 2019
- Is fabricating fiber optic cable assemblies a manual or automated process? - August 6, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – to stop the curing process - July 31, 2019
- If you use too much water and flood the platen - July 26, 2019
- Proper maintenance of polishing fixtures is absolutely essential - July 23, 2019
- Troubleshooting tips specific to Key Error - July 19, 2019
- Concerns with automation in the optical fiber industry - July 18, 2019