Is there a real need for 3D printing polishing film beyond sandpaper?
There is a need for 3D printing polishing film. This fine-grit, abrasive material provides a smooth, mirror-polish finish – well above and beyond sandpaper.
As experts in fiber optics and fine-grit abrasive films, we exclusively offer 3D Polishing Films that deliver a mirror-polish finish for the 3D printing industry. Our ultrafine 3D printing polishing films have grit sizes 10 times smaller than the finest super-fine microgrits available at the average hardware store – as small as 1 micron! (See chart, below.) This makes it possible – and surprisingly easy – to achieve a smooth, glossy polish on your 3D printed object.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Sanding 3D Printed Objects: How to Get a Mirror-Polish Finish
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team September 25, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – extending the epoxy’s pot life and saving money - June 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you give more detail about the bend test? - June 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: the “golden rule” in stripping - June 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why do we need to consider the Tg when selecting an epoxy? - June 10, 2019
- The Best Laid Plans of Mountains and Men: Crocker Mountain - June 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: Troubleshooting tips specific to Angle and Apex Offset - June 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the most common issues regarding APC polishing geometry? - June 6, 2019