I am having issues on MT polishing. I am getting “Y” radius less than 100. Can you advise which step should I reduce time or pressure?
Customer had a need to increase y-axis radius on MT’s (making the surface “flatter”), was having difficulty. After trying the most common recommendations (reducing pressure, trying non-PSA films instead of PSA films) with no improvement, FOC technical team discussed as a group, and one recommendation to come from the meeting was to ensure proper torque was applied when fixing the ferrules to the fixture.
After providing this information to the customer, he used a new, calibrated torque wrench to fix the ferrules, and results were significantly improved—-customer yields are now at acceptable levels, he is happy.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team June 9, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which connector has the longest history? - July 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: Characterize the oven ports to validate your curing schedule - July 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have any documentation available on controlling end-face geometry characteristics of PC ferrules? - July 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: in copper manufacture, the copper conductors are the strength members in many of the cable designs - July 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: way to avoid bubbles when mixing materials if you do not have the pieces of equipment like a speed mixer or centrifuge? - July 6, 2018
- FOC Tips: cleaning fiber with high purity of Isopropyl Alcohol - July 5, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are polymer plastics isotropic? - July 3, 2018
- FOC Tips: internal connector design and the correct amount of epoxy - July 2, 2018
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 10-4 campaign to support #5MillionSteps - July 2, 2018
- FOC’s step-by-step making a difference many places - July 1, 2018