We are a small fiber optic cable assembly house, presently making single fiber, FC and LC jumpers. We plan to expand into multii-fiber Cable assemblies, with up to 24 fibres. We will need an instrument to measure multi-channel IL and RL both for single mode and multimode, bench space will be at a premium, so an instrument with a small footprint that can measure both with only one keyboard, mouse, barcode scanner and display screen would be appreciated. What can you do ?
The Viavi MAP200 Passive Component Tester can be configured to meet your needs.
The 7 slot chassis, can house IL/RL modules for both SM and MM along with 24 channel switches for both SM and MM, all at the same time
Only one set of one keyboard, mouse, barcode scanner and display is required, the user just selects measurement module and switch as required, either both SM or SM.
Here is additional information on MAP200: https://focenter.com/foc-article-multiple-application-platform/
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team December 14, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: visual inspection is made easier with an automated fiberscope - April 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: no changes in fiber optic cable assembly production process, but measured IL and RL values of product aren’t as good as they were-could there be something wrong with the measurement equipment? - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. Expands Marketing Department; Joni Montemagno joins as Director Marketing Promotions - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission - April 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: in APC polishing is conical or step ferrules more expensive? - April 16, 2019
- FOC Tips: importance of controlling the amount of epoxy inside the ferrule-holder - April 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: Quick troubleshooting checklist for common APC polishing issues - April 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We have issues with crystallized epoxy: has the epoxy had “gone bad”? - April 10, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Kelly Michael Skelton as Systems Architect - April 9, 2019
- FOC Tips: Contamination on the outside of the ferrule or inside the adapter sleeve - April 9, 2019