We are a small fiber optic cable assembly house, presently making single fiber, FC and LC jumpers. We plan to expand into multii-fiber Cable assemblies, with up to 24 fibres. We will need an instrument to measure multi-channel IL and RL both for single mode and multimode, bench space will be at a premium, so an instrument with a small footprint that can measure both with only one keyboard, mouse, barcode scanner and display screen would be appreciated. What can you do ?
The Viavi MAP200 Passive Component Tester can be configured to meet your needs.
The 7 slot chassis, can house IL/RL modules for both SM and MM along with 24 channel switches for both SM and MM, all at the same time
Only one set of one keyboard, mouse, barcode scanner and display is required, the user just selects measurement module and switch as required, either both SM or SM.
Here is additional information on MAP200: https://focenter.com/foc-article-multiple-application-platform/
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team December 14, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: automated end face inspection microscopes and where they come in - February 28, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What documentation have you published on how operators can better meet design goals? - January 29, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Chemical level changes in gas delivery system bubbling process - January 19, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Specialty optical preforms strength and deposition issues - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are experiencing chemical level drops in our chemical bubbler. Is this a temperature issue or should we be focusing on other variables? - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are having issues with shrinkage and are focusing on the polish step. Looking for some steps, best practices, solutions, etc. - January 4, 2018
- FOC Marketing Tip 12: Social Media Navigation - December 22, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 11: Business Development: An Honest Conversation - December 21, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 10: Product Inventory Management and a quick snapshot…. - December 20, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 9: Trade Show Strategy Revisited - December 19, 2017