We are a small fiber optic cable assembly house, presently making single fiber, FC and LC jumpers. We plan to expand into multii-fiber Cable assemblies, with up to 24 fibres. We will need an instrument to measure multi-channel IL and RL both for single mode and multimode, bench space will be at a premium, so an instrument with a small footprint that can measure both with only one keyboard, mouse, barcode scanner and display screen would be appreciated. What can you do ?
The Viavi MAP200 Passive Component Tester can be configured to meet your needs.
The 7 slot chassis, can house IL/RL modules for both SM and MM along with 24 channel switches for both SM and MM, all at the same time
Only one set of one keyboard, mouse, barcode scanner and display is required, the user just selects measurement module and switch as required, either both SM or SM.
Here is additional information on MAP200: https://focenter.com/foc-article-multiple-application-platform/
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team December 14, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is a static mixer the recommendation for fiber optic epoxies? - December 18, 2018
- FOC Tips: connector backside - December 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the main applications and industries for optical fiber other than communication networks? - December 11, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: if a fiber is damaged during stripping, will it affect the finished product? - December 10, 2018
- FOC Tips: Fiber Optic Connector Cross Sectioning example from “Connector B” notes - December 6, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: for benchtop microscopes, what types of contamination are they best suited to identify? - December 5, 2018
- FOC Tips: Follow the Telcordia GR-326 standard to validate your curing schedule - December 4, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can we reduce the risk of dermatitis when working with epoxies? - December 3, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step three of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - November 29, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages of SMA connectors over others? - November 28, 2018