We are a small fiber optic cable assembly house, presently making single fiber, FC and LC jumpers. We plan to expand into multii-fiber Cable assemblies, with up to 24 fibres. We will need an instrument to measure multi-channel IL and RL both for single mode and multimode, bench space will be at a premium, so an instrument with a small footprint that can measure both with only one keyboard, mouse, barcode scanner and display screen would be appreciated. What can you do ?
The Viavi MAP200 Passive Component Tester can be configured to meet your needs.
The 7 slot chassis, can house IL/RL modules for both SM and MM along with 24 channel switches for both SM and MM, all at the same time
Only one set of one keyboard, mouse, barcode scanner and display is required, the user just selects measurement module and switch as required, either both SM or SM.
Here is additional information on MAP200: https://focenter.com/foc-article-multiple-application-platform/
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team December 14, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Is there a real need for 3D printing polishing film beyond sandpaper? - September 25, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how many categories are there for buffered fibers? - September 25, 2018
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping blades - September 24, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where can I get some information on SMA connector over polishing? - September 21, 2018
- FOC Tips: SMA High Power application - September 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxies cause allergic reactions and which do not? - September 19, 2018
- FOC Tips: solutions for clean connections - September 17, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can I identify crystallization in epoxies? - September 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step one of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - September 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what happens if you undermix epoxy? - September 11, 2018