Our technicians might be overmixing epoxy. What advice can you give us?
If you mix too vigorously, you can trap air in the material and introduce bubbles. In the production process, it’s important to dispense a drop of epoxy – not a bubble. So when mixing the material, you want to thoroughly blend Part A and Part B with minimal bubbles. A favorite tip: Instead of mixing for 60-90 seconds, I recommend 25 uniform passes using a consistent mixing rhythm that minimizes bubbles. Read my article for detailed mixing instructions.
READ THIS FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 23, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have many customers using AngstromLap polishing film or are other brands more prevalent? - April 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: visual inspection is made easier with an automated fiberscope - April 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: no changes in fiber optic cable assembly production process, but measured IL and RL values of product aren’t as good as they were-could there be something wrong with the measurement equipment? - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. Expands Marketing Department; Joni Montemagno joins as Director Marketing Promotions - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission - April 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: in APC polishing is conical or step ferrules more expensive? - April 16, 2019
- FOC Tips: importance of controlling the amount of epoxy inside the ferrule-holder - April 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: Quick troubleshooting checklist for common APC polishing issues - April 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We have issues with crystallized epoxy: has the epoxy had “gone bad”? - April 10, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Kelly Michael Skelton as Systems Architect - April 9, 2019