What are the different types of standards for MT/MPO measurements using interferometry?
There are two types of IEC standards for MT/MPO measurements using interferometry.
The first is the “Measurement Standard” and its primary purpose is to try and ensure that different instruments yield the same measurement results.
The second is “Performance or Interface Standards” which relate to specific connector styles or groups.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE AND DESCRIPTIONS OF THESE HERE: Navigating IEC standards for MT/MPO measurements using interferometry
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Test Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Testing Tips: enhance your process, your results, and your fiber optic cable assemblies
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team November 15, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Scratches and final film - August 13, 2019
- The importance of etching in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of MT ferrules - August 12, 2019
- Glass transition is analogous to the melting point of a solid - August 9, 2019
- Outer jacket and Good stripping techniques - August 7, 2019
- Is fabricating fiber optic cable assemblies a manual or automated process? - August 6, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – to stop the curing process - July 31, 2019
- If you use too much water and flood the platen - July 26, 2019
- Proper maintenance of polishing fixtures is absolutely essential - July 23, 2019
- Troubleshooting tips specific to Key Error - July 19, 2019
- Concerns with automation in the optical fiber industry - July 18, 2019