What are the different types of standards for MT/MPO measurements using interferometry?
There are two types of IEC standards for MT/MPO measurements using interferometry.
The first is the “Measurement Standard” and its primary purpose is to try and ensure that different instruments yield the same measurement results.
The second is “Performance or Interface Standards” which relate to specific connector styles or groups.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE AND DESCRIPTIONS OF THESE HERE: Navigating IEC standards for MT/MPO measurements using interferometry
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Test Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Testing Tips: enhance your process, your results, and your fiber optic cable assemblies
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team November 15, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019
- Fiber Optic Cable Splicing Explained - September 7, 2019
- Ways in which the end-face can become contaminated along the way - September 6, 2019
- Removal of coatings from short fiber in certain sections - September 5, 2019
- End-face quality and cleanliness - September 4, 2019
- Re-cleaning a connector after installation - September 4, 2019
- The two wavelengths used for Insertion Loss testing - September 3, 2019