What are the most important considerations for lapping film as we are establishing our process?
A lapping film must have the highest lot to lot consistency. When you establish your process there are many factors to control and film might rank at the top. Others include, but aren’t limited to the quality of your polishing machine, its fixturing and rubber pads, and the connectors you are using. If your supplier switches ferrules or changes springs, your polished results may change.
So when you are developing your processes you need to be sure all these items are controlled, and most importantly, you need lapping film that will act the same every time. Without that inconsistency will rule.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Do you want consistent polishing processes? Well let’s start with the polishing film
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 24, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: Return Loss (RL) is a measure of power reflected - February 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended minimum bond line thickness? - February 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: developing a polishing process, evaluate visual defects - February 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we get information about allergic issues on some of the specific epoxy products you sell? - February 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: Minus Coplanarity, the distance between the lowest fiber and the “best-fit plane” through the array of fibers - February 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing? - February 6, 2019
- FOC Tips: passive component testers and wavelength - February 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: can objects contact the bottom or sidewalls of the ultrasonic bath when cleaning polishing fixtures? - February 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: Step four of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - February 1, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a mixed package of epoxy? - January 31, 2019