What are the most important considerations for lapping film as we are establishing our process?
A lapping film must have the highest lot to lot consistency. When you establish your process there are many factors to control and film might rank at the top. Others include, but aren’t limited to the quality of your polishing machine, its fixturing and rubber pads, and the connectors you are using. If your supplier switches ferrules or changes springs, your polished results may change.
So when you are developing your processes you need to be sure all these items are controlled, and most importantly, you need lapping film that will act the same every time. Without that inconsistency will rule.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Do you want consistent polishing processes? Well let’s start with the polishing film
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 24, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the differences between Silicon Carbide, Diamond, and Final in Lapping Films? - July 23, 2018
- FOC Tips: instructions for burst pouch bi-packs - July 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how does an ultrasonic bath work for cleaning polishing fixtures? - July 19, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the typical steps for terminating a fiber? - July 18, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what is the ideal fiber height for a fiber optic connector? - July 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which connector has the longest history? - July 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: Characterize the oven ports to validate your curing schedule - July 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have any documentation available on controlling end-face geometry characteristics of PC ferrules? - July 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: in copper manufacture, the copper conductors are the strength members in many of the cable designs - July 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: way to avoid bubbles when mixing materials if you do not have the pieces of equipment like a speed mixer or centrifuge? - July 6, 2018