What are the most important considerations for lapping film as we are establishing our process?
A lapping film must have the highest lot to lot consistency. When you establish your process there are many factors to control and film might rank at the top. Others include, but aren’t limited to the quality of your polishing machine, its fixturing and rubber pads, and the connectors you are using. If your supplier switches ferrules or changes springs, your polished results may change.
So when you are developing your processes you need to be sure all these items are controlled, and most importantly, you need lapping film that will act the same every time. Without that inconsistency will rule.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Do you want consistent polishing processes? Well let’s start with the polishing film
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 24, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping blades - September 24, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where can I get some information on SMA connector over polishing? - September 21, 2018
- FOC Tips: SMA High Power application - September 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxies cause allergic reactions and which do not? - September 19, 2018
- FOC Tips: solutions for clean connections - September 17, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can I identify crystallization in epoxies? - September 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step one of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - September 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what happens if you undermix epoxy? - September 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: focus on preventive action, not corrective action - September 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why is it important to measure Insertion Loss and Return Loss? - September 7, 2018