What documentation have you published on how operators can better meet design goals?
We have a full article blog, Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms, that can be found here: https://focenter.com/critical-design-goals-to-manufacture-optical-fiber-preforms/
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Fiber Design and Manufacturing Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: MCVD Tips: 14 ideas to enhance preform strength, yield, and reproducibility
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 29, 2017
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019
- Fiber Optic Cable Splicing Explained - September 7, 2019
- Ways in which the end-face can become contaminated along the way - September 6, 2019
- Removal of coatings from short fiber in certain sections - September 5, 2019
- End-face quality and cleanliness - September 4, 2019
- Re-cleaning a connector after installation - September 4, 2019
- The two wavelengths used for Insertion Loss testing - September 3, 2019
- Ensuring connector end-faces meet industry standards on end-face cleanliness (ex. IEC 61300-3-35) - September 2, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - August 31, 2019