What is the solution to mixing material and avoiding bubbles?
Without a doubt the best way to mix two fluids, air free, is with a speed mixer, or dual asymmetric centrifuge. Such mixers use two types of centrifugal forces to non-invasively and thoroughly mix the contents in disposable mix jars. They do a great job. The only down side is they are expensive.
Any other kind of mechanical mixing entrains air. Standard methods of dealing with bubbles are vacuuming and centrifuging. These are generally rapid and effective ways of vanquishing bubbles.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Polymer Expert Blog: Defeating Bubbles . . . naturally
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team May 24, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are there different geometry parameter measurements for PC ferrules and APC ferrules? - August 21, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: differences between Viavi Sidewinder and Sumix Manta? - August 20, 2018
- FOC Tips: Build in buffer time to validate your curing schedule - August 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where does the contamination come from in the normal polishing process? - August 16, 2018
- FOC Tips: spring loaded connectors after primary polishing - August 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how are the environments in which copper and optical cable are produced different? - August 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: inner-housing - August 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: the most common fiber optic epoxy packaging is premeasured two part packs. - August 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects start with a good print job - August 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of cross sectioning fiber optic connectors? - August 9, 2018