What is the solution to mixing material and avoiding bubbles?
Without a doubt the best way to mix two fluids, air free, is with a speed mixer, or dual asymmetric centrifuge. Such mixers use two types of centrifugal forces to non-invasively and thoroughly mix the contents in disposable mix jars. They do a great job. The only down side is they are expensive.
Any other kind of mechanical mixing entrains air. Standard methods of dealing with bubbles are vacuuming and centrifuging. These are generally rapid and effective ways of vanquishing bubbles.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Polymer Expert Blog: Defeating Bubbles . . . naturally
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team May 24, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can we figure out ideal fiber height for a fiber optic connectors? - October 18, 2018
- FOC Tips: epoxy de-gassing - October 17, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – gradually decrease grit size when sanding and polishing - October 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do you ensure proper bond line thickness? - October 15, 2018
- FOC Tips: purchasing bulk material for fiber optic epoxies - October 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended needle size to dispense epoxy? - October 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: fiber diameters - October 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can you decrease and increase Radius values? - October 8, 2018
- FOC Tips: testing of dissimilar connector styles - October 5, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: guidance for developing a fiber optic polishing process? - October 4, 2018