What are the biggest issues you hear technicians face with the buried ducts and does fiber blowing options correct those?
Fiber blowing requires fairly straight ducts with close to full passage. Luckily, many blowing jobs work fine, but technicians often face problems with the buried or relined ducts. Problems that are not directly visible as they are hidden beneath the surface of the ground.
A situation occurring repeatedly is when cables get stuck in buried microducts. Time is money, and digging-up is even more money. For obvious reasons everyone would wish for ducts always lying perfectly in the ground. Unfortunately that is not always the way things are in real life.
In those situations, we often see operators trying to force cable and machine beyond maximum to avoid digging-up. Eventually this will usually result in a broken fiber cable. Many factors can influence the situation.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Avoid Fiber Blowing Challenges Hidden in the Ground
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team June 27, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are the main applications and industries for optical fiber other than communication networks? - December 11, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: if a fiber is damaged during stripping, will it affect the finished product? - December 10, 2018
- FOC Tips: Fiber Optic Connector Cross Sectioning example from “Connector B” notes - December 6, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: for benchtop microscopes, what types of contamination are they best suited to identify? - December 5, 2018
- FOC Tips: Follow the Telcordia GR-326 standard to validate your curing schedule - December 4, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can we reduce the risk of dermatitis when working with epoxies? - December 3, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step three of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - November 29, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages of SMA connectors over others? - November 28, 2018
- FOC Tips: Apex Offset for APC Ferrules - November 27, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: when cleaning polishing fixtures, does the entire object need to be submerged in an ultrasonic bath? - November 26, 2018