What are the biggest issues you hear technicians face with the buried ducts and does fiber blowing options correct those?
Fiber blowing requires fairly straight ducts with close to full passage. Luckily, many blowing jobs work fine, but technicians often face problems with the buried or relined ducts. Problems that are not directly visible as they are hidden beneath the surface of the ground.
A situation occurring repeatedly is when cables get stuck in buried microducts. Time is money, and digging-up is even more money. For obvious reasons everyone would wish for ducts always lying perfectly in the ground. Unfortunately that is not always the way things are in real life.
In those situations, we often see operators trying to force cable and machine beyond maximum to avoid digging-up. Eventually this will usually result in a broken fiber cable. Many factors can influence the situation.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Avoid Fiber Blowing Challenges Hidden in the Ground
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team June 27, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which connector has the longest history? - July 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: Characterize the oven ports to validate your curing schedule - July 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have any documentation available on controlling end-face geometry characteristics of PC ferrules? - July 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: in copper manufacture, the copper conductors are the strength members in many of the cable designs - July 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: way to avoid bubbles when mixing materials if you do not have the pieces of equipment like a speed mixer or centrifuge? - July 6, 2018
- FOC Tips: cleaning fiber with high purity of Isopropyl Alcohol - July 5, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are polymer plastics isotropic? - July 3, 2018
- FOC Tips: internal connector design and the correct amount of epoxy - July 2, 2018
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 10-4 campaign to support #5MillionSteps - July 2, 2018
- FOC’s step-by-step making a difference many places - July 1, 2018