What are the biggest issues you hear technicians face with the buried ducts and does fiber blowing options correct those?
Fiber blowing requires fairly straight ducts with close to full passage. Luckily, many blowing jobs work fine, but technicians often face problems with the buried or relined ducts. Problems that are not directly visible as they are hidden beneath the surface of the ground.
A situation occurring repeatedly is when cables get stuck in buried microducts. Time is money, and digging-up is even more money. For obvious reasons everyone would wish for ducts always lying perfectly in the ground. Unfortunately that is not always the way things are in real life.
In those situations, we often see operators trying to force cable and machine beyond maximum to avoid digging-up. Eventually this will usually result in a broken fiber cable. Many factors can influence the situation.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Avoid Fiber Blowing Challenges Hidden in the Ground
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team June 27, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: Return Loss (RL) is a measure of power reflected - February 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended minimum bond line thickness? - February 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: developing a polishing process, evaluate visual defects - February 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we get information about allergic issues on some of the specific epoxy products you sell? - February 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: Minus Coplanarity, the distance between the lowest fiber and the “best-fit plane” through the array of fibers - February 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing? - February 6, 2019
- FOC Tips: passive component testers and wavelength - February 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: can objects contact the bottom or sidewalls of the ultrasonic bath when cleaning polishing fixtures? - February 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: Step four of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - February 1, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a mixed package of epoxy? - January 31, 2019