What lapping films are available with PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back? Does that vary by size, disk, sheets rolls etc.?
Abrasive mineral are available in Alumina Oxide, Silicon Carbide, or Diamond. Lapping films are available of plain or PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back. Lapping films are available in various sizes, disk, sheets rolls etc.
- Diamond Lapping Film. Available in grades from 0.2um – 30um
- Aluminum Oxide Lapping Film. Available in grades 0.5um -30um.
- Silicon Carbide Lapping Film. Available in grades 0.5um -30um
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Do you want consistent polishing processes? Well let’s start with the polishing film
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team August 7, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where does the contamination come from in the normal polishing process? - August 16, 2018
- FOC Tips: spring loaded connectors after primary polishing - August 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how are the environments in which copper and optical cable are produced different? - August 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: inner-housing - August 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: the most common fiber optic epoxy packaging is premeasured two part packs. - August 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects start with a good print job - August 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of cross sectioning fiber optic connectors? - August 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what lapping films are available with PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back? - August 7, 2018
- FOC Tips: To help ensure accurate RL measurements, use OTDR. - August 3, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: When does less cladding get faster transmission rates or does it? - August 2, 2018