What lapping films are available with PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back? Does that vary by size, disk, sheets rolls etc.?
Abrasive mineral are available in Alumina Oxide, Silicon Carbide, or Diamond. Lapping films are available of plain or PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back. Lapping films are available in various sizes, disk, sheets rolls etc.
- Diamond Lapping Film. Available in grades from 0.2um – 30um
- Aluminum Oxide Lapping Film. Available in grades 0.5um -30um.
- Silicon Carbide Lapping Film. Available in grades 0.5um -30um
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Do you want consistent polishing processes? Well let’s start with the polishing film
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team August 7, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why aren’t packages of less than 2.5 or 2 grams available? - June 27, 2019
- FOC Tips: Assess the quality and condition of test cables - June 25, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can I select the right epoxy for a new application? - June 24, 2019
- Twenty-three Miles and Three Mountains Later: Journey in Bethlehem - June 21, 2019
- FOC Tips: guides and resources for epoxy and adhesive options - June 20, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why isn’t there one standard polishing process? - June 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – extending the epoxy’s pot life and saving money - June 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019