What lapping films are available with PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back? Does that vary by size, disk, sheets rolls etc.?
Abrasive mineral are available in Alumina Oxide, Silicon Carbide, or Diamond. Lapping films are available of plain or PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back. Lapping films are available in various sizes, disk, sheets rolls etc.
- Diamond Lapping Film. Available in grades from 0.2um – 30um
- Aluminum Oxide Lapping Film. Available in grades 0.5um -30um.
- Silicon Carbide Lapping Film. Available in grades 0.5um -30um
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Do you want consistent polishing processes? Well let’s start with the polishing film
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team August 7, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Lapping film options, part 2 - May 18, 2020
- Standards for optical cable assembly manufacturers - May 7, 2020
- Key specifications of connectors - January 3, 2020
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process adjustment - December 16, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019