What lapping films are available with PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back? Does that vary by size, disk, sheets rolls etc.?
Abrasive mineral are available in Alumina Oxide, Silicon Carbide, or Diamond. Lapping films are available of plain or PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back. Lapping films are available in various sizes, disk, sheets rolls etc.
- Diamond Lapping Film. Available in grades from 0.2um – 30um
- Aluminum Oxide Lapping Film. Available in grades 0.5um -30um.
- Silicon Carbide Lapping Film. Available in grades 0.5um -30um
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Do you want consistent polishing processes? Well let’s start with the polishing film
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team August 7, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy and the how to - August 23, 2019
- Proper curing temperature profile - August 22, 2019
- Scratches and final film - August 13, 2019
- The importance of etching in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of MT ferrules - August 12, 2019
- Glass transition is analogous to the melting point of a solid - August 9, 2019
- Outer jacket and Good stripping techniques - August 7, 2019
- Is fabricating fiber optic cable assemblies a manual or automated process? - August 6, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – to stop the curing process - July 31, 2019
- If you use too much water and flood the platen - July 26, 2019
- Proper maintenance of polishing fixtures is absolutely essential - July 23, 2019