Which epoxy is the best for my application?
Fiber Optic Center offers several epoxies for single mode and multimode products. Refer to the “Chart of Epoxies for Single Fiber, Single Mode and Multimode Terminations” to review epoxy properties that will support your specific application.
There is a high degree of detail involved with every step of the epoxy process. While you may be using an epoxy successfully in one particular application, don’t assume you can use the same epoxy and cure temperature in a different application. Carefully train your production team, and don’t take anything for granted.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Does epoxy cause core cracking? Tips to identify and prevent this phenomenon
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team July 15, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019
- Fiber Optic Cable Splicing Explained - September 7, 2019
- Ways in which the end-face can become contaminated along the way - September 6, 2019
- Removal of coatings from short fiber in certain sections - September 5, 2019
- End-face quality and cleanliness - September 4, 2019
- Re-cleaning a connector after installation - September 4, 2019
- The two wavelengths used for Insertion Loss testing - September 3, 2019