Which epoxy is the best for my application?
Fiber Optic Center offers several epoxies for single mode and multimode products. Refer to the “Chart of Epoxies for Single Fiber, Single Mode and Multimode Terminations” to review epoxy properties that will support your specific application.
There is a high degree of detail involved with every step of the epoxy process. While you may be using an epoxy successfully in one particular application, don’t assume you can use the same epoxy and cure temperature in a different application. Carefully train your production team, and don’t take anything for granted.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Does epoxy cause core cracking? Tips to identify and prevent this phenomenon
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team July 15, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Scratches and final film - August 13, 2019
- The importance of etching in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of MT ferrules - August 12, 2019
- Glass transition is analogous to the melting point of a solid - August 9, 2019
- Outer jacket and Good stripping techniques - August 7, 2019
- Is fabricating fiber optic cable assemblies a manual or automated process? - August 6, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – to stop the curing process - July 31, 2019
- If you use too much water and flood the platen - July 26, 2019
- Proper maintenance of polishing fixtures is absolutely essential - July 23, 2019
- Troubleshooting tips specific to Key Error - July 19, 2019
- Concerns with automation in the optical fiber industry - July 18, 2019