Last Updated: August 21, 2019
Which package size of epoxy is right for my process?
I often encourage my customers to consider purchasing 4-gram packages of epoxy – if this size supports their process. Briefly, here’s why I recommend the 4-gram package:
- Higher production quantities – Your facility can produce more connectors or cable assemblies per 4-gram package.
- Better value – In the 4-gram package, you get more material at a lower price per gram.
- Less material waste – There will always be a certain amount of material clinging to the epoxy package that cannot be squeezed out. If you can use one 4-gram package instead of two smaller packages, there will be less material waste, which contributes to cost savings.
- Less packaging wasted – Using one 4-gram package instead of two smaller packages means you are throwing away less plastic and other packaging materials. It’s always good to be kind to our environment!
Every production facility is unique, and your choices are determined by your facility’s goals and your individual process. Over the long run, any process adjustments you can implement – such as the ideas I’ve mentioned in this article – can help to reduce costs, streamline your process and, ideally, fabricate a higher-quality fiber optic cable assembly.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team March 7, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.