Which package size of epoxy is right for my process?
I often encourage my customers to consider purchasing 4-gram packages of epoxy – if this size supports their process. Briefly, here’s why I recommend the 4-gram package:
- Higher production quantities – Your facility can produce more connectors or cable assemblies per 4-gram package.
- Better value – In the 4-gram package, you get more material at a lower price per gram.
- Less material waste – There will always be a certain amount of material clinging to the epoxy package that cannot be squeezed out. If you can use one 4-gram package instead of two smaller packages, there will be less material waste, which contributes to cost savings.
- Less packaging wasted – Using one 4-gram package instead of two smaller packages means you are throwing away less plastic and other packaging materials. It’s always good to be kind to our environment!
Every production facility is unique, and your choices are determined by your facility’s goals and your individual process. Over the long run, any process adjustments you can implement – such as the ideas I’ve mentioned in this article – can help to reduce costs, streamline your process and, ideally, fabricate a higher-quality fiber optic cable assembly.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team March 7, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have information on common layers and what to consider when stripping? - May 20, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and damage - May 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to help establish good cleaning techniques throughout your polishing process - May 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does Fiber Optic Center accept returns of crystallized epoxies? - May 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: implementing a cross-sectioning capability IN-HOUSE - May 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are COATED flock pile pads and are there multiple choices for them? - May 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 and 1550 similar - May 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Our epoxy is curing differently and has a different color. Can I use it? - May 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: the hole in the ferrule is not perfectly centered - May 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is there a trick to keep the polishing film from moving? - May 6, 2019