Why Do Scratches Appear After Using the Final Film?
Ironically, we are asked this question so frequently, we wrote a blog on this exact subject.
When scratches appear after using the final film, this typically relates back to earlier operational steps. It’s important to isolate and correct problematic issues throughout the assembly process. At Fiber Optic Center, we developed the AngstromLap Final Polish Lapping Film and fine-tuned the polishing process for fiber optic connectors.
Here is a very brief overview of the different types of AngstromLap Ultimas Final Polish Lapping Films:
- AngstromLap Ultimas-P Final Polish Lapping Film creates a positive fiber height for better physical contact and reflection values.
- AngstromLap Ultimas-U Final Polish Lapping Film offers a slight undercut for higher connector matings.
- AngstromLap Ultimas Flock Final Polish Lapping Film, designed for MTs, eliminates the core-dip on OM3-OM4 fibers and offers superior surface quality.
- AngstromLap Ultimas Flock Final Polish Lapping Film, designed for large-core fibers (SMA connectors), offers a superior surface quality.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Why Do Scratches Appear After Using the Final Film?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 5, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: measuring a PC ferrule’s Apex Offset - January 15, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are common connector issues that we should be on alert for? - January 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: To help ensure accurate IL measurements, use good-quality test jumpers - January 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: adjusting the concentration of the fluorinated polymer - January 10, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: If the epoxy has filler or glass beads, will that interfere with the strength of the bond – and create the need for a thicker bond line? - January 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and nicks - January 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what happens if you overmix epoxy? - January 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: defining type and semi tight buffers as opposed to loose tubes in optical cables - January 3, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can one verify that epoxy processes are appropriate for the product? - December 27, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how many different ways are there to terminate an optical fiber which is tight buffered and where can I find more information on each? - December 20, 2018