Why Do Scratches Appear After Using the Final Film?
Ironically, we are asked this question so frequently, we wrote a blog on this exact subject.
When scratches appear after using the final film, this typically relates back to earlier operational steps. It’s important to isolate and correct problematic issues throughout the assembly process. At Fiber Optic Center, we developed the AngstromLap Final Polish Lapping Film and fine-tuned the polishing process for fiber optic connectors.
Here is a very brief overview of the different types of AngstromLap Ultimas Final Polish Lapping Films:
- AngstromLap Ultimas-P Final Polish Lapping Film creates a positive fiber height for better physical contact and reflection values.
- AngstromLap Ultimas-U Final Polish Lapping Film offers a slight undercut for higher connector matings.
- AngstromLap Ultimas Flock Final Polish Lapping Film, designed for MTs, eliminates the core-dip on OM3-OM4 fibers and offers superior surface quality.
- AngstromLap Ultimas Flock Final Polish Lapping Film, designed for large-core fibers (SMA connectors), offers a superior surface quality.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Why Do Scratches Appear After Using the Final Film?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 5, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – remaining material in the syringe - May 23, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Is there a full automation solution in the connector assembly process? - May 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: Components of the fiber optic patch cord (cable assembly) - May 21, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have information on common layers and what to consider when stripping? - May 20, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and damage - May 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to help establish good cleaning techniques throughout your polishing process - May 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does Fiber Optic Center accept returns of crystallized epoxies? - May 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: implementing a cross-sectioning capability IN-HOUSE - May 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are COATED flock pile pads and are there multiple choices for them? - May 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 and 1550 similar - May 9, 2019