Why Do Scratches Appear After Using the Final Film?
Ironically, we are asked this question so frequently, we wrote a blog on this exact subject.
When scratches appear after using the final film, this typically relates back to earlier operational steps. It’s important to isolate and correct problematic issues throughout the assembly process. At Fiber Optic Center, we developed the AngstromLap Final Polish Lapping Film and fine-tuned the polishing process for fiber optic connectors.
Here is a very brief overview of the different types of AngstromLap Ultimas Final Polish Lapping Films:
- AngstromLap Ultimas-P Final Polish Lapping Film creates a positive fiber height for better physical contact and reflection values.
- AngstromLap Ultimas-U Final Polish Lapping Film offers a slight undercut for higher connector matings.
- AngstromLap Ultimas Flock Final Polish Lapping Film, designed for MTs, eliminates the core-dip on OM3-OM4 fibers and offers superior surface quality.
- AngstromLap Ultimas Flock Final Polish Lapping Film, designed for large-core fibers (SMA connectors), offers a superior surface quality.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Why Do Scratches Appear After Using the Final Film?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 5, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: some patch cords show ‘gain’ so how can this be possible, is there something wrong with the instrument? - March 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: available supply of specialty connectors has a positive impact on those considering using non-standard fiber sizes - March 21, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is bond line thickness important? - March 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – steps for sanding your 3D printing project - March 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why has connectivity become so important? - March 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: on epoxy curing - March 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Since cleanliness counts, how can I improve my epoxy work surface? - March 12, 2019
- FOC Tips: To accurately measure IL/RL, using a high-quality tester is imperative - March 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Which package size of epoxy is right for my process? - March 7, 2019
- FOC Tips: Cross-sectioning is an effective diagnostic tool - March 6, 2019