Why is automation so difficult for fiber optic assembly houses?
Automation is difficult because there’s a lack of standardization, and we’re not even speaking about standardization in one particular connector style. Even the same connector styles, LC, SC, ST, etc. have different designs from different manufacturers. Yes, there are intermateable, but their constructions are often different and thus their termination procedures are as well.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Automation in Fiber Optic Cable Assembly
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 3, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Is there a full automation solution in the connector assembly process? - May 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: Components of the fiber optic patch cord (cable assembly) - May 21, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have information on common layers and what to consider when stripping? - May 20, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and damage - May 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to help establish good cleaning techniques throughout your polishing process - May 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does Fiber Optic Center accept returns of crystallized epoxies? - May 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: implementing a cross-sectioning capability IN-HOUSE - May 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are COATED flock pile pads and are there multiple choices for them? - May 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 and 1550 similar - May 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Our epoxy is curing differently and has a different color. Can I use it? - May 8, 2019