Why is automation so difficult for fiber optic assembly houses?
Automation is difficult because there’s a lack of standardization, and we’re not even speaking about standardization in one particular connector style. Even the same connector styles, LC, SC, ST, etc. have different designs from different manufacturers. Yes, there are intermateable, but their constructions are often different and thus their termination procedures are as well.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Automation in Fiber Optic Cable Assembly
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 3, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are there different geometry parameter measurements for PC ferrules and APC ferrules? - August 21, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: differences between Viavi Sidewinder and Sumix Manta? - August 20, 2018
- FOC Tips: Build in buffer time to validate your curing schedule - August 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where does the contamination come from in the normal polishing process? - August 16, 2018
- FOC Tips: spring loaded connectors after primary polishing - August 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how are the environments in which copper and optical cable are produced different? - August 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: inner-housing - August 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: the most common fiber optic epoxy packaging is premeasured two part packs. - August 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects start with a good print job - August 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of cross sectioning fiber optic connectors? - August 9, 2018